F***ing Pissed

Status
Not open for further replies.

affiliatelife

Feb 13, 2008
It’s around 3:30 am (GTM Time Zone) and I am still f***ing awake as usual.
I have about 15 sites in the celebrity/entertainment market, traffic ranges from 10-400 uniques a day per site.

I have been running them for about 1 ½ years since I started marketing online. Didn’t have a damn clue about what markets I was going to try and make money from so I ended up setting up some of these sites. I thought they would be a good idea because of traffic potential, but I was stupid then and didn’t know that shite traffic is worth nothing. I did manage to get someone to look after them and keep them updated for a minimal fee. So I could spend my time on more profitable ventures blah blah.

Anyway 1 ½ years later, those damn sites don’t make crap. They are a complete waste of bandwidth. They are good sites, but they seem like a complete waste to me. I tried monetizing them with CPA offers, adsense etc but nothing works. Everyone seems to be banner blind and no one wants to enter their email for free VISA or iTunes vouchers.

I have learned a lot since I started and have come to the conclusion that unless you are getting 100K++ UV a day to entertainment based sites, then it’s pretty much a waste of time and energy.

I am f***ing pissed at the moment. If I could set them on fire I would!!

Oh how stupid I was back then.... not saying I am clever now, but I am a little wiser.

pm me the sites, I might also be interested in helping you get rid of this problem, and give you some money for your trouble.

Celeb surveys with email/zip subs? ie "Is patrick dempsey too old to be hawtt?? Vote now!" and then "You must enter your email to have your vote counted" etc. (Yes, some networks are down with that and don't consider it 'incentivized.')

Look around at other celeb blogs, see how they're doing things. Personally I've never played with the niche because the content/topic disgusts me.

I am in a similar position on one of my celeb site, though I have not worked on it for months. I cannot put in adsense as the content is slightly edgy also tried adbrite but not making money. I have realized the celeb's niche is really a waste of bandwidth.

Adding Zango can be one of the option, But we all know that it is spyware :(

Try clothing offers. I was making a decent return advertising Hale Bob using photos of celebs wearing Hale Bob.

i think you're just over diversified and don't really care about your sites. I have one entertainment site that's just about to hit its one year anniversary doing 10k uv a day. It also makes pretty good money of adsense and am. You want to know the secret, I friggen love my site and I look at it everyday saying it will be #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.