Every #1 ranking I want.. But no transactional stuf..

Traquer

Aug 16, 2010
California
Anyone come across this? I have a pretty strong site that can rank for high-volume who/what/why type Q&A queries relatively quickly, yet I seem to be BANNED from anything transactional buy/get/purchase/ etc.

Is this trust issue? I have featured snippets and star ratings in search, so I'm bummed. :1zhelp::1zhelp:

First: PPC.

No? Ok then..

Not appearing in those SERPs at all, like not even on page 45?
Are you up against big brands for those keywords page one, what's the competition like and is it different on your good ranking serps?
Are your landing pages really optimized for those actionable keywords or are they set up like a wiki with a buy button? Sometimes all that good content can dilute your money keywords.

Regardless though if you have the right info keywords you should be able to parlay some of that traffic into transactions; if it's me I'd look at how the site flows, the buying process and your calls to action. I'd compare my site against page one transaction keyword sites and make sure the quality was as good.

JMO obvs this is all blind advice based on my own experience.

Thanks for the reply! I think I figured it out, but I'll report back once I know. Nothing worse than threads left hanging!

Bottom line is I just had an epiphany.. :D

Anything pure transaction-related, like "get a ____ quote" or "buy _____" Google EXPECTS to see prices/numbers on the page. No way around it.

I'll provide some details about my particular case once I can prove it. Bottom line is this is a YMYL issue, meaning if you're selling leads for legal/financial/medical etc. Google expects to see certain things. Not listing a price or relevant fees, interest rates etc. is a surefire way to not rank.. out of all my competitors I was the only one not including ANY hard numbers and I'm paying the price

will update..