email spidering/harvesting program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brizzad

Jun 19, 2007
I had a site that allowed people to opt-in. I started this site way back when I was cheap and didn't want to pay for any fancy software or scripts to actually save the opt-ins. I have well over 40,000 TARGETED, OPT-IN email addresses sitting in a gmail account.

What kind of software do I need to spider through my gmail account and put these emails into .txt or .xls or .csv or whatever?

Hmmm... this looks like it would do the job for you:

PopTransAct 2.1 - Extract, Archive, Delete Messages from any POP3 Account, even Web Mail enabled accounts and gmail! Extract attachments and optionally forward processed mail to another account after it has been processed

use that, extract your messages to a folder.
You can then point some software at it, such as:

Email Extractor and Email Spider

which will run through those files, and parse out all the emails you need!

They even have a verifier program, so you can plug all those email in, and it will (relatively) quickly go through and test it they are real or bullshit accounts.

That should keep you busy for a while :D

Dude.
Have you tried going to "contacts" under "trash" on the left side of your gmail account, and then the "all contacts" tab next to "frequently mailed" at the top, under the compose button, and then "export" on the right side of the page?

Shit, I thought I already posted in this thread, .... must have been wasted!

There is a program you can use to export or archive your emails from GMail onto your PC.

PopTransAct 2.1 - Extract, Archive, Delete Messages from any POP3 Account, even Web Mail enabled accounts and gmail! Extract attachments and optionally forward processed mail to another account after it has been processed

Once you have that, you can use something like below to actually pluck the emails out of the text files:

Email Extractor and Email Spider

They even have a verifier program, that will actually check out all of those addresses and get rid of the bullshit ones!

Happy..? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.