Ecommerce Guys: PRestashop, Yes or No?

writtenstyle

newbie taking action
Nov 3, 2008
I just started looking at Presta again. Back when I first looked at it, it wasnt all that great a shopping cart. Now it looks great, but there are soo many modules you have to buy.

Do any of you guys use it? If so, what are the modules that are must haves?

I'm installing it for a small cart job right now - liking it so far. Easier to theme than magento for sure.

What - by small cart job I meant limited number of products, and no heavy modding of the cart.

IE 5k charge instead of a 20k.

SMALL.

Hi writtenstyle,
My name is Mike, and I'm PrestaShop's Community Manager. If you have any questions about our software, I invite you to message me through our forums at Mike Kranzler - Viewing Profile - PrestaShop Forums or give us a call directly at 888 947 6543 and I'd be happy to help address any questions or concerns you may have.

I'm not sure how long ago you originally tried PrestaShop, but a LOT has change just in the last year, so please let me know if you would like any additional information.

Regards,
Mike

Its very user friendly and probably best solution for non complicated eshops, where you do not need fancy modules. As for paid modules again - there are many paid, but do you actually need them?