eBay is leaving CJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

"You can receive an additional 5% bonus for all traffic tracked through eBay Partner Network in April 2008"

Some incentive to switch over sooner than the deadline.

Nice. Hopefully now they'll combine their programs so we'll get paid for traffic to (e.g.) eBay.com that eventually converts to actions on ebay.co.uk

Can't help but feel the timing of this is because they're forecasting quite a hefty drop in revenue.

Can't help but feel the timing of this is because they're forecasting quite a hefty drop in revenue.
I think that has nothing to do with it. The move from CJ's links to their own "rover" links was the first step in not only increasing what eBay could do with their affiliate program, but setting them up to migrate to their own system eventually.

This should be resolved with a simple search and replace.
Not all ebay programs are affected, they are:
  • eBay’s Tradera AB
  • ProStores
  • Reseller Marketplace
  • Media Marketplace
  • eBay Stores
  • StubHub
They stated they will run parallel with CJ until May 1st, meaning you will have a whole month to sign up for the eBay Partner Network and migrate your links.

eBay also states, "Please note that there will be no changes in the pricing structure as part of this transition. In addition, the eBay Partner Network will provide several new features."

Those features are:
  • Easy global registration to multiple countries simultaneously
  • New, targeted banners and rich media creatives
  • New landing page optimization and geo-targeting capabilities
  • More detailed reporting capabilities for eBay’s programs
Of course you can view the full details of eBay's switch to the in-house program here: eBay Affiliate Program - Blog Post

posted by -Bill-:
This should be resolved with a simple search and replace.

Sure, real easy when you only have 136 sites that need editing.

Frank
/stupid eBay sucking up my outsourcing budget

posted by -Bill-:

Sure, real easy when you only have 136 sites that need editing.

That is the main reason I went to BANS. A little bit of modification to get it working right and more effective, but once done changes like these can be done very quickly.

Hopefully their affiliate team will actually hire enough people to answer questions now that they're saving money by doing it themselves. Back when I ran a textbook comparison shopping site, it took over 2 weeks just to gain access to the Half.com datafeed, and their affiliate manager was worthless until I started badmouthing their staff on eBay forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.