eBay fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

moomycow

Jun 22, 2008
tweetingmachine.com
Hey all,

I've read about gaming cookies, e.g. eBay or Amazon or iTunes. I'm quite capable of displaying a "View items on eBay" link that will be clicked by javascript 50% of the time, but will always display the impression pixel.

So, my question is: at what point will eBay investigate faked clicks in order to take advantage of their 30-day cookie?

Tom.

When they have stupid results. When every user is only buying 20 days later, etc. Try and mix this with a real usage of the account and you should be fine.

Ok, so if I embed some fun via an iframe, will eBay really look into half of people "clicking" through and then buying, say, fifteen days later? If you dig where I'm going with this ;)

Ok, so if I embed some fun via an iframe, will eBay really look into half of people "clicking" through and then buying, say, fifteen days later? If you dig where I'm going with this ;)
Most likely, they will. Cashout of your account ASAP every time if you go ahead and do this.

Dude, there's no need to game ebay via cookies. You could easily make money with ebay without trying to game it. Besides, do you really want them to close your account and not pay you?

Dude, there's no need to game ebay via cookies. You could easily make money with ebay without trying to game it. Besides, do you really want them to close your account and not pay you?
That soft-gay-do-no-evil attitude will get you nowhere in the real business.
Go rank your BANS for "used celebrity underwear" while I get juicy commissions from ebay motors.
They still pay you when they close your account.

Moomycow, if you mix the stuffing with some normal converting traffic, as well as showing consistent impressions, you will fly under the radar for long. Make sure to fake impressions without clicks as well. Dont make it exactly 50%, it is too obvious. If you can, randomize it.

So, my question is: at what point will eBay investigate faked clicks in order to take advantage of their 30-day cookie?
Basically, they will check it when you start making real cash. I had a dead one with a million clicks, and around $0.45 commissions for months. Whereas a great one got banned in 2 days, with over 1000$ commission. You may want to take that into consideration and split your solid earners across accounts.

PM me, I want to talk to you about your script.

That soft-gay-do-no-evil attitude will get you nowhere in the real business.
Go rank your BANS for "used celebrity underwear" while I get juicy commissions from ebay motors.
They still pay you when they close your account.

Moomycow, if you mix the stuffing with some normal converting traffic, as well as showing consistent impressions, you will fly under the radar for long. Make sure to fake impressions without clicks as well. Dont make it exactly 50%, it is too obvious. If you can, randomize it.

Basically, they will check it when you start making real cash. I had a dead one with a million clicks, and around $0.45 commissions for months. Whereas a great one got banned in 2 days, with over 1000$ commission. You may want to take that into consideration and split your solid earners across accounts.

PM me, I want to talk to you about your script.

I think this is the first pro-cookie stuffing post I have seen. I am on the fence about it, but I am sure ebay would not notice until you bank big.

I think this is the first pro-cookie stuffing post I have seen. I am on the fence about it, but I am sure ebay would not notice until you bank big.

I make up for my accumulated bad karma, by seeding torrents to 1:1 ratio, and helping newbies like moomycow with great potential. I also tip my waiters.

Status
Not open for further replies.