Domain word order, e.g. cowfood vs. foodcow?

moomycow

Jun 22, 2008
tweetingmachine.com
Hi guys,

I've found a niche I want to exploit, but surprise surprise, the obvious domains are taken. They also don't feature in the first few pages of the SERPs, which is nice.

How much does the word order matter? If I wanted cowfood.com, will Google pass on the bonus if I register foodcow.com instead?

I've done a couple of experiments, looking at sites with words in their domains and reversing them when searching, and Google still seems to highlight them... but this could be coincidental crap. Does anyone have any real world experience with this?

Cheers!

Put it in whatever order is closest to the way one would say it in a sentence. Though you're just talking bout two domains, if you're going to be stingy about paying the extra 9$ or so for the second one, just how much money are you planning on bringing back in with the campaign?

I'm not making the choice between the two domains as such, I mean if the natural one has already been registered, is it stupid to consider cowsforfood.com as an alternative, and will Google pass on any bonus for all the keywords appearing in the domain, even though they're out of order?