Domain Registrars API

Status
Not open for further replies.

R-Yeah

Sep 19, 2007
Hello,

I would like to know ANY registeres other then enom that i can use their API in order to register a domain.

I wish to make a software that will try to catch deleted domains and doing that by adding ALL registrars API to the software i wish to create which will be multi threaded and will try the catch the domain.

So maybe we can setup a list here and see how it goes.

As far as i know

1. enom
2. namecheap
3. tucows

If you have any suggestions or ideas or comments for me (yeah spam me with that you newbie thingie) that will be awesome.

Thanks.

for the medium users why not??

if you have few registrars hammering it will be hard to snapnames and all others to gain them even if they work with those registrars

its like you will ask snapnames if they are trying to compete with pool.

No, it's completely different. Without giving you technical details, I can assure you that you have 0% chance of beating a backorder at snapnames. I'm not being pessimistic, just honest. It's really 0%. A registrars API will absolutely never beat snapnames.

At best you could hope to compete over the $20 domains that don't get backordered at snap. Do not expect to drop-catch anything above that value or you will be disappointed.

No, it's completely different. Without giving you technical details, I can assure you that you have 0% chance of beating a backorder at snapnames. I'm not being pessimistic, just honest. It's really 0%. A registrars API will absolutely never beat snapnames.

At best you could hope to compete over the $20 domains that don't get backordered at snap. Do not expect to drop-catch anything above that value or you will be disappointed.
Let me clarify this a bit:
Snapnames has specific deals with Register.com, among others (that's the biggest one that stands out in my mind). Any domain coming from those registrars goes directly to SnapNames, and does not drop.
eNom and Network Solutions domains are exclusive to NameJet - you won't get them anywhere else.
GoDaddy is @ TDNAM
Tucows has it's own auction house, and I forget who but somebody is moving their pre-release/pending deletes over to Afternic.

The jist of it is most pending deletes are tied up @ the registrar level.
You can try hammering for a domain that expires completely, but in most cases you're looking at a domain that no one wanted anyway.

Moniker has an API for resellers I think, as does GoDaddy for resellers.

cheers
oziman

dullspace and oziman are right...

The bost sailed on catching drops a long time ago.

dullspace and oziman are right...

The bost sailed on catching drops a long time ago.

Absolutely, registrars have the ability to hammer the registries with multiple requests every millisecond, from multiple servers, An API user with enom, moniker, etc is only allowed to access once per second, at most, and is only allowed one concurrent access at a time...

As EVERY dropped domain of any value is caught by the big boys, you really have no chance.. Having said that , many of the caught domains are tasted then dropped again within a few days, to be caught and tasted again.. and again. So it's possible to get some quite good domains with planning and patience.

Well thanks guys for your suggestions but if it is so i will tell you a little story,

I create a 3 letter domain program that runs over ALL the domains there are and check for who is IF
1. domain available - not a chance
2. domain redempetionPeriod
3. domain pendingDelete

i found a few on pending delete and as many sites says it drops in 2pm pacific
(i might be wrong because i don't have it near me but you got the point)

i went to go daddy just for luck hammering the F5 key in my browser
also hammering whois to see if its still pendingDelete or free so i can grab it

all 3 domains which are 3 chars i saw them BOOM re-registered updates in seconds to new DNS nameservers and they were ALL different nameservers not related to ANY pool or snapnames or any other like you guys mention before it goes on auction.

i figured these guys caught the domains by hammering some registrar API and if i could get one of them i has to be worth at least $100 (they are not LLL they are LNL or NLN but its valuable also)

so i said to myself if they can do it i can, and i can maybe do it even better (maybe, worth to try isn't it?)

so thats my story but if you guys speaks from experience of years then who am i to argue, just weird they all got grabbed fast with different nameserves, thats why i think i can get few.

Status
Not open for further replies.