Domain Cloaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyfloyd

Wordpress Guru
Jul 17, 2008
NY
How are domains cloaked?......ive seen plenty of those blank domains that are nothing but a redirect to the "real" site......

is this better than cloaking a page?

dazed and confused.....

alot of domains I see are mydomain.com index is blank and they just use mydomain.com/main/index with real site or / what ever they name the directory

how do u get /index to be a blank page?

here is one ex......

healthmarket (**dot**) info

no source code....content...nothing.....yet it redirects link A to link C....with this being link B....how?

you leave it blank
if your not using a CMS - content management system then all you do is upload or create file on your site index www/ index.html and leave it blank / and you can still use a CMS on another directory

ok...but this file now contains the cloaking script in it...right?...and why doesnt any thing show up in source code?

ok...if that's the case...then where is the cloaking file located that says SE spiders see this page...and humans see that page?

how do u get /index to be a blank page?

here is one ex......

healthmarket (**dot**) info

no source code....content...nothing.....yet it redirects link A to link C....with this being link B....how?

What is link A and C. I all see on link B is a blank page. Now this may not be the case but Link A may have condition that goes to link C if link B is blank. I could also speaking out of my ass but since I am learning php this was my first thought.

hmmmm....kinda....

link A is lander....that takes visitor to link C

link B...is cloaking domain......takes SE bots to link A....and humans to link C.....

question is.....where is cloaking coding in link B...if nothing appears in source code??

hmmmm....kinda....

link B...is cloaking domain......takes SE bots to link A....and humans to link C.....

question is.....where is cloaking coding in link B...if nothing appears in source code??

Hello friend,

Perhaps it in php or other server side code so you no can see?

Good luck bro

Ok but what if link b is entirely server side script like php with no html or plain text all written to handle bots only.

I wonder if you could write a bot to follow from link A through Link B and see where the bot goes.

this is probably the case.....but where is the php file then located?...in root?

Yes, it's located in the root folder.

How can you see the blank page? I mean how did you not get redirected to the money site? Did you disable javascript or..?

Yes, it's located in the root folder.

How can you see the blank page? I mean how did you not get redirected to the money site? Did you disable javascript or..?

you lost me there....what money site?....what is the php file?

hmmmm....kinda....

Well I assumed that the money site would be the Link C.

Anyway, the answer to your question is that the cloaking script is in the root folder and if it's written in server side language (like php), you cannot see that code in source code. You can see html, css and javascript but you cannot see php.

Read about php: PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor

OK....yes...thats exactly it.....Site C is the money site.....site A is lander....and site B decides where the visitors go....SE bots to site A...humans to site C....and the cloaking script which is on site B is server side PHP code......where does the list of IP files go?...that would let the php code stay up to date with the SE bots?

ok...but this file now contains the cloaking script in it...right?...and why doesnt any thing show up in source code?

Be sure you know the difference between server-side code and client-side code.

ASP/PHP/Ruby/JSP all crunch on the server's side, then are sent to the browser.

Javascript is crunched on the client's machine via the browser.

For a 'wordpress guru', you sound kind of noobish

Status
Not open for further replies.