Does this make sense? A bit of PPC advice needed..

Status
Not open for further replies.

zimok

Click, Whirr.
Oct 27, 2008
Canada... eh!
I just want to state that I started PPC not too long ago but something seems weird to me.. I see people complain that it took them 50~ clicks for 1 lead, well this will take the cake...I got 4500 clicks pushed from msn ad center to 15 different offers on yeprevenue, and only 2 leads( 8$ each for 16$ total)....

2 out of 4500 does not make sense to me at all, I have around 230 keywords that I would only see teen girls searching for but I have broad matching applied to all of them (might this be the strange skew of numbers? can 4500 people click on an ad and only 2 have the intention to go through with it?)

I even took a pic of my stats... If you can offer any advice I would greatly appreciate it. Should I turn broad off? Lower keyword count? I'm only paying .15-.25 per click too (thank goodness)

yep.png

zip submits?

It's love crushes, love compatibility tests and things like that..

Most of them are 10 different questions and then enter your cell phone and re-submit the pin it sends you..

highly untargeted traffic

I spent around 2-3 hours coming up with keywords that I would only see teen girls 13-17 looking for.. the thing is I got 230+ and broad match is on all the campaigns, I think that's what is killing me... but I don't see any option to turn broad match off on a large scale on msn ad center... even e-mailed them about it.. no reply.. anyone know if this option exists?

Your problem is mobile offers. I've never been able to get mobile offers to convert well.

It's the first set of campaigns I embarked on also (ever), I think I'll take the standard noober route with zip/email submits to at least get a cash flow to attempt these bigger campaigns. These stats are down right depressing as a first attempt though...

The only thing that kept me going for this long is at first I got those 2 leads and it just about balanced the ROI, then it went on for days with 0 leads, which led me here.

Check your negative kws first since you are broad matching - but it can also be the blatant scrubbing on zip/email submits.

It's the first set of campaigns I embarked on also (ever), I think I'll take the standard noober route with zip/email submits to at least get a cash flow to attempt these bigger campaigns. These stats are down right depressing as a first attempt though...

The only thing that kept me going for this long is at first I got those 2 leads and it just about balanced the ROI, then it went on for days with 0 leads, which led me here.

I wouldn't try zip/email submits either as the scrubbing is negatively affecting a lot of newbies.

Check your negative kws first since you are broad matching - but it can also be the blatant scrubbing on zip/email submits.

I have none. I think I understand the concept.. which is that you don't get charged for a click if one of your negative keywords was in the user's search?

I wouldn't try zip/email submits either as the scrubbing is negatively affecting a lot of newbies.

Yea I think I'm going to move on to something else, thanks for all the help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.