Does hosting in your target Country help?

john-e-cash

The paper chaser
Dec 14, 2011
For example, a .UK domain with the hosting company based in the UK.

Would that help improve serp's? Or does it not make a difference what country the site is hosted in?

Thanks

Sorry I wasn't asking if a uk domain would rank better in the uk. I am asking will having a uk site hosted with a uk based hosting company have an advantage over a uk site hosted with a US based hosting company?

Sorry I wasn't asking if a uk domain would rank better in the uk. I am asking will having a uk site hosted with a uk based hosting company have an advantage over a uk site hosted with a US based hosting company?

Well, uk site hosted with a uk based hosting company would have an advantage over a US based hosting company. Bcoz US based hosting company wouldn't prefer a uk site to rank...

If you target a UK audience, then you should host in UK as the site will be faster to its users. Speed does help site rank better.

Regardless of the place from where you host..... The content you give should provide vast information about the topic you have selected is according to my view..... But the host being in the same region will provide you more space to attract your readers....!

People in this likes thing to be fast. If you are hosting at the targeting country, chances are they will have a glimpse of your site before they close the browser. you know it frustrating to wait for a site to load like ages. Even the greatest content cannot fight this. Imagine you have the greatest content with the lousiest server. You get my point.

Yes sure .UK sites hosted in UK IP address its most benefit to your site compare to other country hosted IP address...

Yes, it will be an advantage to host in a particular country, if the site is country specific, but hosting charges are usually high with non-US hosts.