does anyone work with search traffic as much anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erifdekciw

May 3, 2008
since facebook, myspace and content network seem to have a better chance at success than a search campaign right off the bat (in my experience anyway). I'm just wondering if anyone has stopped using search all together or made a major shift from it towards media buys and ads on huge social networks?

I know i like to start every campaign using search to test out some keywords and what not but now im starting to wonder if im wasting time trying to find keywords that would work and instead just start testing facebook/myspace and media buys?

IMHO (and experience) I think that traffic from SE converts better than social networks (especially from MSN - all the first sight stupid consumers still using that assfucked SE).

no, there is no more money in search, myspace/fb/CPM buys are the only way. Adwords is dead- please all leave and remove the 'noob curve' from current avg. cpcs. thx

I've been hearing MSN ads is the most profitable route to go for paid search as far as positive ROI.

Search traffic will always be profitable, but the platforms on which they rely on have more controls so thus far it's more to look out for than with simple interfaces like Facebook and MySpace.

Waiting for the ads to get approved or rather mostly disapproved is not my cup of tea. I did run ads on Myspace early on and did ok. Same with FB. But majority of my success is SEs.

Search is still strong. I rely on a majority of my traffic from search and it is very high quality although expensive. A lot of money still in search although the trend is moving away it is still solid for the time being.

:music06:Really good thread, I guess it really depends on the niche where you should go. I just finished doing some competitive research for dental plans. I could not believe how bad some people's ads are and most do not use dynamic keyword insertion, so I would hate to see their landing pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.