Does Anyone Use Mint.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aim high

Jun 3, 2008
I saw someone mention it here. i'm signing up but im kind of iffy with giving my info to them. anyone been using them for a while?

I use it, personally think it's really cool. I also think it's pretty safe to share your info with them-- they're definitely not a fly by night operation, as they've won some serious awards and are written up on TechCrunch consistently-- they have big plans.

I use it, personally think it's really cool. I also think it's pretty safe to share your info with them-- they're definitely not a fly by night operation, as they've won some serious awards and are written up on TechCrunch consistently-- they have big plans.

i noticed they have a lot of "recommended" savings which are credit cards. and credit cards = affiliate cash. I wonder how else they are profiting. do you guys think its pretty much from the new credit card/broker/bank account sign ups? its a pretty clever way to get sign ups.

Thumbs up.... I've used it on a number of sites for years. Gives a nice overview of live traffic stats, and there are a ton of "peppers" (aka plugins) that offer some cool features as well.

Thumbs up.... I've used it on a number of sites for years. Gives a nice overview of live traffic stats, and there are a ton of "peppers" (aka plugins) that offer some cool features as well.

wrong mint ;)

I've been using Mint since the beta opened and love it.

I has a quick scan through it and it appears that they are accessing bank details through some sort of API which only allows read access to the accounts, thus negating the possibility of having your account emptied by someone with your mint password.

i noticed they have a lot of "recommended" savings which are credit cards. and credit cards = affiliate cash. I wonder how else they are profiting. do you guys think its pretty much from the new credit card/broker/bank account sign ups? its a pretty clever way to get sign ups.
They're hugely funded by VC, which allows them to build out their website, and services. Their business plan is exactly as you described it though, and they admit to it as such in their TOS, I believe.

I use Quickenonline from intuit.com and frankly they are the only people I trust having my bank info.
Mint.com I used for 6 months, but they had a bug in their Trends section that we pointed out and their tech team said "we're on it" for months. Proving they had NO ONE able to fix major issues, I felt giving mint.com my personal info was an invite for a hacker to destroy my life as no one at the company actually exists.

June transactions not showing up in trends - Personal Finance, Personal Budget and Budget Tool Forums - Mint.com

I've been using it since launch and I think it's fucking awesome. What's really awesome is that for some reason the recommendation page is always blank for me, keeps saying I have to add more accounts.

i just added all my accounts in. and i have to say its nice to see everything on one page. but there is still that lingering insecurity feeling =\

Status
Not open for further replies.