Does Anybody Need An Online Intern? (real life)

Mar 13, 2008
Ma's Basement
Hey guys,

While doing the whole internet marketing deal, I am also in college full-time finishing up my bachelors... going back and forth between the US and Spain, I have had to finish up some classes online.

I had an interesting proposal emailed today by a fellow student. Probably THE brightest student I have had a class with (Even teaches himself Mandarin Chinese, of all things). He lives in a small town in Virginia and has a form of muscular dystrophy, Spinal Muscular Atrophy. This basically limits his mobility to anywhere his wheelchair can bring him. Therefore, he is looking for an ONLINE internship for this upcoming summer. (The school is Southern New Hampshire University).

Here are his skills:
My major is not Marketing, but I'm open to almost any position in business. Basically, I just want some experience to help me plan my future career.

If it matters, I do have experience building websites. I was the webmaster for my high school until earlier this year. My skills include the use of Dreamweaver & Expression Web, Flash movie design, image editing, Javascript implementation and basic HTML coding.
If there is anybody here that thinks that they can use/teach/help out... it would be wonderful. :smilie_weihn_winki:

If you would like any contact information, please PM me.

Joshua

How about some Affiliate Marketer here who wants an extra pair of hands helps this kid out, teaches him a few things so his disabled ass has a profitable future, and you have him work of his ass for you. Someone who's in front of their computer all day has to be an excellent assistant.

I actually would have this kid as an assistant, but I have enough labor between my company partner and outsourcers.

He'll learn nothing working for an Affiliate Network...

It will be hard to find an aff marketer willing to share any actual knowledge with this kid. He will just end up doing slave labor.

It will be hard to find an aff marketer willing to share any actual knowledge with this kid. He will just end up doing slave labor.

Bound to find something... I am not saying to give the kid a keyword list... but building landing pages... entire sites based around... shit, have him pick something and build a page around it... it is just a summer internship for the dude to find some experience doing something online since he is physically disabled.

Tell him to learn PHP and I'll show him around my business (particularly the stuff outside affiliate marketing - its a lot more interesting) and even show him how to get started freelancing if that were to become his cup of tea.

I realize that's entirely unrealistic.