Do you Speak to your AFF Mangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julez

Jun 24, 2006
I consider myself small fry in affiliate marketing area - and dont think i would have much to say to an affiliate manager yet - do you talk to the affilate manager of the product you promote - when should you start doing so - does this give you an edge?

It probably won't give you an edge sales-wise, but...

It is always good to know someone on the inside. A manager is OK, but IMHO nothing beats knowing a techie or admin.

Talk to them with any questions you have, but make them good ones, nothing that will waste their time.
Be very polite and friendly - be a nice guy. People tend to remember this when you run into trouble and are more likely to help out.

All of this will pay out in the long run - but then, being a nice guy normally does.

::emp::

As an affiliate I don't usually bother.

As an Affiliate Manager I try to talk to my affiliates. It helps build relationships and I like to let them know what type of things are producing the best results for our merchant program. (hint: wacking up a banner does NOT produce good results).

they talk to people? wow. what do they talk about? i have two programs running through Cj. Coming up to 4 months now and not a single sale. Maybe I'm not generating the kind of clicks they want or anything like that but i don't hear from anyone about it. If they do contact people I would have thought they might contact me and say hey maybe we can help you get some sales on these links by offering suggestions

The networks usually won't bother - they have too many affiliates.

In house programs will bother (often).

It's definitely worth while building a relationship with you affiliate managers. It's the key to knowing whats going on and anything new you should be promoting. It's also pretty much the only way you can negotiate for a higher commission rate once you have proved what level of sales you can provide.

Ive never spoken with a manager, but if I really go the affiliate marketing route I would think it would be good. It cant be a negative at least.

Not enough affiliates pick up the phone to call their affiliate managers! We're always here to talk about your marketing plans and to see if there are ways we can help boost your results. AMs don't usually call affiliates out of the blue, as we know you're busy people who don't want to be interrupted at home, but as you said, Nathan, it's always good practice to offer assistance via email to affiliates who haven't been sending through any sales. Makes everyone happy. :)

Building a relationship with your affiliate manager is always a good idea IMO. If they're getting feedback then it makes their job better. If they're enjoying their job more then they're more likely to develop the program into something great, instead of just letting it sit and go sterile.

I've worked with some great affiliate managers that have even sent free samples, gifts and incentives for driving sales. However, I've also worked with some really, REALLY bad affiliate managers. There's nothing worse than an affiliate manager that just ignores your emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.