Do you listen to music while...

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh

Jun 26, 2006
Do you listen to music while working on your websites?

Why or why not maybe?

I can listen to the red hot chili peppers all day. anyone else with me?

I do sometimes. I find it a bit distracting since I'm a musician. I end up paying too much attention to the music to get any work done. Watching a DVD is actually less of a distraction for me, so I often do that instead.

I can't listen to "new" music, because my brain is listening to the music more than it's working on the problem at hand.

I'm the opposite. If I listen to my favorite stuff I just end up singing or grooving along. I listen to stuff I don't know as well because it ends up being more "background".

I love working to the Jazzyfatnastees, though. Very chill jazz/r&b music.

I sometimes do, I usually throw the television on or some oldies and I can work efficiently, any sorta alternating noise will work

I usually don't listen to music when im working because it distracts away from my focus. However when Im browsing the Internet or reading blogs I'll play some tunes. I also find that listening to music before I jump on a task will help me get into the right state of mind, as weird as that sounds.

I agree with music being distracting at times. I keep it just loud enough for me to hear, but not loud enough to pay it any attention. I listen to slower music in the morning to sort of ease my way into the day but by mid afternoon I go with something more stimulating, like salsa. Keeps the energy up, you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.