Do you feel Secure with your AM income

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julez

Jun 24, 2006
one of my sites has taken a big knock in this google update and im have dropped my income by half - lucky this is only extra income and is in no way relied upon
this the only thing that makes think twice about doing it full time
Do you feel secure making a full time living from AM?

You know, that's a very good question. I've always had to deal with insecurity.

I've been doing AM since '02. I first start promoting pharm stuff, which was very lucrative. Within 5 months, I was making 10k per month. Within a year I was doing on avg. 60k a month. Sounds great, right? Well, that's when trouble started. I got pretty complacent and didn't really work that hard at developing new markets. Then the pharm industry went to shit with govt. crackdowns and companies cutting and running without paying their affiliates. Income dropped to about 4-5k per month.

Anyhow, to make a long story short, it took me awhile but I've expanded into a few markets and I'm doing better than ever. During that time I dealt with a lot of insecurity and the anxiety of not knowing if I'll ever get back to where I was.

Moral of the story is, don't become complacent, continue to work hard (a little insecurity is a good thing), broaden your horizons and diversify. Oh, and stay humble - nobody likes an arrogant prick. :)

I'm totally insecure about it.

I'm not diversified enough, and have to consistently check the trends of how my sites are earning.

well I'm always gonna be a little concerned, but my sites are spread over very different markets, so i always have at least a bit of income.

Search traffic should always be the last thing you depend on. It just comes and goes so quickly. Be sure that most of your traffic comes from other means such as PPC, or just good old fashioned word of mouth viral marketing.

Diversify into different markets besides AM. Get some PPC and CPM going on those viral sites and cross promote.

No, I don't really feel secure about it.

I'd like to develop at least two additional income streams this summer that each bring in a few grand a month.

This game is so dynamic I don´t think anyone can be complete secure! Google makes a big change every 6 months which usually turns my world upsidedown!

The great advantage of being an independent is that we can adapt to the new enviroment quickly!

To be up and running you have to be on your toes!

/Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.