Do all sites go through a sandbox stage?

Skint

Aug 16, 2010
Do new sites all get added to Google Sandbox? My site is just over 2 weeks old with over 25,000 words worth of content but I am consistently getting 0 traffic from Google search engine.

My market is competitive but usually even in these competitive markets, you tend to get some traffic for longtail keywords and very specific keywords.

How long do I wait? Will extra backlinks help to speed the process up? Google has indexed me (I can see by typing in site:sitename.com), but nothing is really ranking.

Also, let's say my main keyword is 'KEYWORD1', I type in 'KEYWORD1' to Google and the first result for my site is on like page 3-4, and it's not my homepage but rather a random article on my site. Is it simply a matter of time before the first result is my actual homepage?

It's a Wordpress site on my own domain/hosting.

Thanks.

Two weeks is not a long time. SEO is a waiting game. And Google is a fickle bitch.
There, now you know all you need.

Actually, 2 weeks is a lot of time. Not that much. But just about right to see that kind of results that you are looking for.
Have you done the following?
Sitemaps? Directory Sub? High PR Backlinks? Google Analytics? Google Webmaster Submission?

Actually, 2 weeks is a lot of time. Not that much. But just about right to see that kind of results that you are looking for.
Have you done the following?
Sitemaps? Directory Sub? High PR Backlinks? Google Analytics? Google Webmaster Submission?

I'll have to work on those. I am using Analytics but I haven't done much backlinking at all since I've been focusing on content, and my site isn't complete so I don't want to submit to directories just yet.

I'll work on those things. Today, my SERP checker couldn't find my site at all on Google! Weird.

What's the best way of getting high PR backlinks without having to write more articles? Since I don't have the time to write extra content. Thanks!