Distribution Question...Newbie..Not sure if its in the right section

chuongster

Nov 30, 2010
Louisiana
I just recently recieve an email from a guy in Portugal requesting my products and ask if i want to start distributing my products in Portugal. His website doesn't look very well design and his English isn't either.

Should i give him a chance and begin negotiating more or is this just something rotten. :repuke:

I am not very experience when it comes to building new distribution channels such as online dropship, locate retailers, or even exporting to Europe.

Have anyone has experience with foreign distribution?

Heres some boobies:
busty15.jpg

What products will you distributing? If its a high ticket item, aply more caution than you will for a lower end product. Also, if this distributor indeed is genuine, what sort of market share can he get for you? In real terms, will it be worthwhile for you? If not, then you can stop wasting your time right now.
If it can be a good venture, then negotiating won't be the end of the world. Just be sure you know you're in safe hands before you finalise anything.
Hope that helps.

I've dealt with few clients in Dubai. Had them wire me the money before sending the goods. You can try sending a small batch at first and then see from there.

BTW I'm in the US

A business in Portugal has little reason to build a website with great English on it -- giving the contact the benefit of the doubt, I'd do what you can to verify physical address details (just get it up front and Google around -- if it's a mail drop it will be immediately evident) and start small with him. Ask for trade references from other American companies, if he can give them.

You might have a look here and see if anyone in the Cutoms Department's commercial office for Portugal covers your business. They can be very helpful in pointing towards on-the-ground due diligence.

Frank