Direct link vs. lp

BBergin

Jun 10, 2009
Anyone have data on the difference in conversion rates between the 2 ways of running an offer? Aside from being able to collect data on the splash page, why are they so much more effective in driving conversions? Even pages that didnt capture data (Flogs) converted much better than direct linking. I can't understand why an advertiser's landing page alone can't sell a customer. My apologies if this is a stupid "noob" question, my brain is just so fried right now trying to figure this shit out.

My apologies if this is a stupid "noob" question, my brain is just so fried right now trying to figure this shit out.

Then maybe you should have posted this question in the "noob" section.

Would you feel more comfortable giving out your credit card information if you just read a positive review about the product you are considering purchasing? That should answer your question.

Preselling and influencing consumer behaviour is the key here. The whole idea behind a lp is to prep the visitor mindset into a buyers mindset. Dont overthink stuff, its simple just create an lp that would sell you into the product.

The only reason direct linking does not convert well is because people dont want to be sold and will not be sold into something. You lp should make them make the purchase choice themselves - you are somewhat tricking them into making that choice but theres nothing wrong with that, persuade away - obviously with your cloaked link with tracking....

fran

Anyone have data on the difference in conversion rates between the 2 ways of running an offer? Aside from being able to collect data on the splash page, why are they so much more effective in driving conversions? Even pages that didnt capture data (Flogs) converted much better than direct linking. I can't understand why an advertiser's landing page alone can't sell a customer. My apologies if this is a stupid "noob" question, my brain is just so fried right now trying to figure this shit out.
Are you fucking kidding me? GTFO!

What was said is certainly true.
If the offer requires credit cards, you may need to pre-sell the consumer. If it is lead gen, direct link may suffice.

There are much more to create LPs beside preselling including working on quality score, cross selling offering, getting opt-ins, etc.

Best

Direct Linking Pros-
less pages for the consumer to click through
no need to worry about hosting or the defectiveness of your landing page

Landing Page Pros-
ability to add them to your list
ability to sell multiple products
ability to send them to the offer with a positive mindset

Their cons are pretty much the other ones pro's if that makes sense