desperate help needed!

Paul88

Aug 26, 2010
london uk
Hi there all,

my name is paul and i am 22, i am VERY VERY keen to get involved in the industry of online marketing.

now i am probably going to get ripped to shit for this (and probably quite rightly so) but i have no idea where to start. at the moment i have NOTHING other then a few ideas and a bit of info (iv spent the last 10 days reading forums guides etc...) although at the moment i am overwhealmed with all the information i have sourced.

I do not want to fall into the trap many newbs seem to fall into which is shit loads of research but no action!!!

on tuesday when i get payed i intend to buy a domain name and hosting and get the ball rolling!

i know that i want to create a content based site and thats about all! this weekend i want to research more into keywords and finding a niech etc...

i guess what i am really asking for is a few of you extremely knowledgable guys input i.e. what is the very first thing i need to do etc...

any help at all would be greatly appreciated. :bowdown:

even harsh comments welcome :action-smiley-052:

remember you all started somewhere didnt you?

best regards,

Paul.

i guess if someone could give me a rough plan of action from the very beginning or something like that because i just want to throw my self in at the deep end and start learning!! and with any luck start making a bit of money too!

thank you looks like a good read!! hopefully i will be 1 of the 10% or so that actually make it as i am a faily smart guy currently studdying for my engineering degree, i am also very much a money driven person, all my friends call me jew boy for this reason lol

pick an evergreen niche (something like gardening, makeup, fashion, current events, shit that you can always be writing about), setup a wordpress blog, and post 5-10 times a day on it. Should take you 3-4 hours a day to do that. As you do that, start learning about keyword research and everything else while keeping your posting high. Put a single large adsense rectangle between your post title and the body of your text.

Links are very important, keyword research is very important, but a site with hundreds of pages of unique content is always valuable, and you will be able to make something happen with that eventually.

Rags to riches guide..guide one of the best one. And also I have some offer for you .. PM me if interested cannot disclose here.

pick an evergreen niche (something like gardening, makeup, fashion, current events, shit that you can always be writing about), setup a wordpress blog, and post 5-10 times a day on it. Should take you 3-4 hours a day to do that. As you do that, start learning about keyword research and everything else while keeping your posting high. Put a single large adsense rectangle between your post title and the body of your text.

Links are very important, keyword research is very important, but a site with hundreds of pages of unique content is always valuable, and you will be able to make something happen with that eventually.

Yes.

Rags to riches guide..guide one of the best one. And also I have some offer for you .. PM me if interested cannot disclose here.

No.

thanks dude! iv taken the plunge and signed up to several affiliate networks today just waiting for aproval then the ball will really start rolling!!

I intend to start a new thread journal of my progress soon, i know there are a few people doing some right now but my thread will litrally be my progress from finding out what AM was a few weeks ago and my progress to date, thanks for all the help guys!! here goes!!

Paul.

Paul, call the networks. Don't wait for them to call you back.

You want to call them and be honest about what you do and do not know.
a
Once you get accepted, email your Affiliate Manager....then get their AIM or whatever they use info.

Start talking to them. It all starts with how you and your AM interact.

Thanks wiredniko, im on that today! i have already beed declined by affiliate.com, but will challenge that with them this afternoon (its 12.45pm here in london)! in the mean time can any of you guys recommend any other decent affiliate networks? iv applied for the following so far:

ads4dough
media trust
neverblue
affiliate.com

i will chase up all of these applications later but a few other suggestions from you guys would be great!

Thanks in advance,

Paul.

although at the moment i am overwhealmed with all the information i have sourced.
Tip - Get used to being overwhelmed. I don't know if you stated your background or not, but even if you have a marketing background, an IT background, a solid degree, etc... you will be overwhelmed. Even after you have spent countless hours.

The secret:
Take action: Try - Fail - Learn - Try - Figure Out Why - Try - Study what others are doing - Fail some more - Try some more.

Paul, im in the same boat with you, totally new to internet marketing...will follow this thread closely...although im trying to get into PPC marketing myself....i see ur getting some good advice here, good luck bro, lets make some fucking money!