[DB+Script] Movie Quotes Database AND Script - 242k quotes from 22k movies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chatmasta

Jan 7, 2007
NYC
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Movie Quotes Database

Hey,

I've put together a database of movie quotes based on IMDB. There are 242,725 quotes from 22,715 movies dating back to 1941. See for yourself, with this example site. It's the exact script for sale.

> ø default title - index page title ø <

The Database

The database consists of two tables: movies and quotes. Movies has a title and year field, and quotes has a movie_id and a quote field. Here's the exact structure:

Code:
-- phpMyAdmin SQL Dump
-- version 2.10.0.2
-- http://www.phpmyadmin.net
-- 
-- Host: localhost
-- Generation Time: Aug 29, 2007 at 09:30 PM
-- Server version: 4.1.22
-- PHP Version: 4.4.4

SET SQL_MODE="NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO";

-- 
-- Database: `miles_quotesfix`
-- 

-- --------------------------------------------------------

-- 
-- Table structure for table `movies`
-- 

CREATE TABLE `movies` (
  `id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `title` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
  `year` varchar(4) NOT NULL default '0',
  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM  DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=24827 ;

-- --------------------------------------------------------

-- 
-- Table structure for table `quotes`
-- 

CREATE TABLE `quotes` (
  `id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `movie_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `quote` text NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM  DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=260987 ;

Here is an example entry. Notice it is formatted for the names to be bold and a <br /> in between lines. This is the best way to set up the database in my opinion, but if you had to, it would be easy to edit each quote to be only one line. The thing is, lots of lines go together and that's why I think this is the best solution.

Code:
id: 18280
movie_id: 2116
quote: 
<strong>Crow</strong>:
Hey, Foxie! You're just da guy I've been lookin' for! Do you know a gray fox in Pittsboig? 
<br />

<strong>Fox</strong>:
No, but I know a silver fox in Boston!
<br />

Examples of how well it outputs can be found on the demo site.

The Script

This script really brings the package to life. It's user intuitive and optimized for search engines. For user features, here are some:

• Browse alphabetically, by year, or search movies. Finding the movie's quotes you're looking for couldn't be easier.
  • Easily customizable template: the default included template is designed to be simple to edit. You can change it in style.css, and other than that just have to edit the header and footer files. The PSD for the logo is also included.
    AdSense optimiazation. The pages are perfectly optimized for AdSense. There's a skyscraper on every page, and up to 3 of them when the page length requires it. Each quotes page and year/letter page also has up to two 336x280 blocks well-integrated into the content. You'll find you get a high CTR with this layout.

Best of all though, the script is VERY optimized for the search engines, especially Google. These SEO tacftics are the best techniques you're going to find around. More...

• Optimized URLs. mod_rewrite is used to make the URLs as search engine friendly as possible, both structure wise and keyword wise. Link structure is also optimized for maximum crawlability.
  • Sitemap. Although I can't provide you an XML sitemap without your domain, there is a PHP sitemap that will bring spiders to all the pages on your site. I also recommend you generate an XML sitemap and submit it to Google and Yahoo.
  • BIGGEST FEATURE. Every page has a unique title, keywords, meta description, and "hidden" header (text-indent:-1000px; - if you don't want this you can remove it) tailored specifically to that page. So The Departed's quotes page isn't just "quotes," it's "Quotes from The Departed (2007). This has an unbelievable effect on SEO. And, you can edit all these values from one spot.

So there you go, the ultimate script. Just point some links to it!

Pricing
Database: $23
Database and Script: $35

If you are interested in buying, please PM me or post here for payment details (paypal).

It goes up to 2007 right now. I guess I could give you the scraper I used for $15 extra if you want that. It shouldn't be hard to modify, I think I just kept the "years" in an array. PM me if you're interested in that...

Status
Not open for further replies.