data samples and bid adjustments

Status
Not open for further replies.

int_josh

Nov 12, 2006
Say you have a keywords that was performing good one month
Next month it falls outside the positive ROI

How soon should you adjust the bid to keep positive ROI and based on what data sample?

I'm constantly tweaking my campaigns because something changes every day. How's the quality score look on the keywords that are starting to slip? If they're not 'Great' then keep improving your ads to get a higher CTR, then your bid prices will fall.

If they're already at a high QS, then start weeding out non-converting keywords that are sucking money.

I'm constantly tweaking my campaigns because something changes every day. How's the quality score look on the keywords that are starting to slip? If they're not 'Great' then keep improving your ads to get a higher CTR, then your bid prices will fall.

If they're already at a high QS, then start weeding out non-converting keywords that are sucking money.

That's the thing.. QS is not an issue at all.

The problem is that they've been performing great for a few months and now are starting to slip quite a bit. So I'm wondering if I should ride it out and see if it gets better or tank bids to stay in positive ROI.

That's the thing.. QS is not an issue at all.

The problem is that they've been performing great for a few months and now are starting to slip quite a bit. So I'm wondering if I should ride it out and see if it gets better or tank bids to stay in positive ROI.

Check your average rank over the last couple months compared to when it started to slip. There may be new competition squeezing you out.

Different ad posistions generally yield different conversion rates. For example, I've had campaigns running at X cents per click that were producing 10% margins. Although, when I upped my bid by X percent, my margins increased.

If you're using a landing page, has the bounce rate increased? If yes, play around with new designs. If not, have the conversions dropped once they get to the offer page? If so, maybe throw a new offer in there.

I think I remember you doing ringtones, and if this happens to be Dada, I heard some people over at DP complaining about them the past few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.