DART - Mac Workaround

JKirk

Jun 18, 2007
What's up guys,

I'm looking for a work around to access the DART/DFT system on a Mac computer. A couple of our campaigns are managed through this but unfortunately, as some of you may know, only IE users can access it.

I've already tried downloading an ancient version of IE to try to access it, still didn't work. Any other suggestions?

Install Windows. If you need it for this, the cost should be justified.

when you activate developer tools in safari you will have in the menu bar an option to set your user agent. maybe this will work for you?

If you can get Firefox on a mac and use plugins there's a plugin that cloaks the useragent to whatever version of Internet Explorer you want:
User Agent Switcher

Edit: Looks like admanager has an easier solution

For some reason, I can't quote without getting approval from moderators so I'm just going to have to reply the old fashioned way.

First of all, would rather not acquire Windows just because the sole reason I have a Mac is so I can stay away from Windows.

- Tried Crossover as per the ParticleTree link that cheshire posted and downloaded IE 7.0. Just loads a blank page with an error status in the bottom left of the bar.

- Admanager: Good idea, but unfortunately did not work either. Loaded a blank page and that's it. Also tried the Firefox version as per RudeDogG, did not work.

It's frustrating how finicky DART is, you would think they would want to make it universal but I guess it just doesn't have enough demand to develop on other platforms. Regardless, it doesn't make sense why it doesn't load in Chrome... Anyone have any other ideas?