Customer reviews enough as a website content?

tomaszjot

Membership Suspended
Dec 22, 2009
Albany Plantation
I've got this website like BlueWidgets.com. It's an exact keyword match domain, and the layout is almost identical as http://www.nexttag.co.uk. I copied their functionality, structure etc. Few questions..

1. Will customer reviews be enough for my website to be considered as a website with content? Or should I better add more content like articles, news etc? (keyword has a poor competition, only 1000 exact searches a month)

2. Should I rather focus on one product/service instead of listing hundreds like NextTag (I focus on one keyword, let say "bluewidgets" and just list all of bluewidgets items I have found from various affiliate networks ).

I did some on-site optimization, titles, h1 and h2 tags, no-follow affiliate links, hide them in folder and protect from robots in robots.txt. Links look like www.bluewidgets.com/product/product?id=1 etc. Aff links are in database. Is that all enough?

Thank you for any response.

I think you'd be better off adding some articles in addition to customer reviews. I would suggest focusing on just bluewidgets, so that at least you can get most of that 1000 exact searches. Do some mod_rewrite and make your links like bluewidgets.com/product/product-productnamehere.html or something of that sort.

Customer reviews alone are never enough. People need to know about your work, product and services in professional way. and to attract new customers you cant afford just putting customer reviews. you need to add professional information of your business too as it is more important and it comes first. Customer reviews are always secondary thing to put there.
Thanks!

A lot of sites are just reviews. Nothing wrong with that. Give it a go and see.

Don't think too much and just do it.

ADDITIONALLY, YOU SHOULD MAKE SURE THAT YOU LOCK YOUR CAPS WHEN POSTING HERE.

Customer reviews alone are never enough. People need to know about your work, product and services in professional way. and to attract new customers you cant afford just putting customer reviews. you need to add professional information of your business too as it is more important and it comes first. Customer reviews are always secondary thing to put there.
Thanks!

For me personally, if I'm visiting your site, I want to know all about your product, get any questions answered, and get some real information on it - aside from what some testimonial tells me.

I don't put a whole lot of stock in testimonials, unless it's some big-time person, because I don't know these people. For all I know, they're your buddies who are just doing you a favor and giving you a good testimonial.

I'm not saying testimonials are worthless...I just think you need something more.

Thanks!

Are you trying to optimised your post for "customer reviews" phrase?

For me personally, if I'm visiting your site, I want to know all about your product, get any questions answered, and get some real information on it - aside from what some testimonial tells me.

I don't put a whole lot of stock in testimonials, unless it's some big-time person, because I don't know these people. For all I know, they're your buddies who are just doing you a favor and giving you a good testimonial.

I'm not saying testimonials are worthless...I just think you need something more.

Website got all privacy, about and other usual stuff. It's build around a targetted keyword for people looking for this specific product. Website lists all the products available on different websites and each of them is described (although it is just spinned content). My website just lacks typical content like articles, news etc. Because it is aff site I didn't want it to be too thin, so I was worry a bit, as reviews are the only unique content it has.

Add videos. If there are customer reviews of the product, it's likely there are video reviews of the product too. Search Youtube for something embeddable and add it.