cuba

chatmasta

Jan 7, 2007
NYC
US/trade embargo with cuba is relaxed, possibly lifted pending republican congress approving it (Seems likely).

11 million people in cuba

internet mostly closed, for now.

how to make money?

Someone should go export all their vintage cars back to the US and resell them. I hear they have some nice cards. I would imagine most of the tourist avenues are taken up or will be soon. I didn't realize it was closer than Puerto Rico for a minute.

1) Crowdfund $25,000 in mortgage capital.
2) Buy an entire block of properties in downtown Veraderro (15min drive from all the resorts)
3) Scrub off all the black mould (cuz holy shit there's alot of that stuff)
4) AirBnb is available in Cuba now. Rent the property out to snowbirds for $500/month.
5) Hire the family next door to act as the property manager, kitchen staff, and cleaners for $5/week.
6) Buy a bunch of dollar-store wrist-bands so your tenants can sneak into the resorts for the beaches.

That or start a condiment empire. Their food is shit because they don't even have ketchup. Start a website for shipping hamburger helper and powdered gravy to restaurants or communities in bulk.

No trade embargo means Americans can go hang out and import/export. I'm not sure you want to be buying up blocks while the country is still run under a dictatorship unless you're a major hotel/resort owner.

Whenever I went to Cuba - the resort staff would buy all of my shit off my back. They'd bid me up until I said yes. They had money and fuck all to spend it on. Now I guess Walmart will take care of that - but I'm sure starting to introduce basic life comfort items into the country would probably do real well. Last time I was there - some guy wanted me to put some American music on his MP3 player [yeah, MP3 player - and he probably bought that off a tourist] - and there were no jacks to plug in shit that old. Once again if Walmart doesn't take care of it in the middle of city center at rock bottom prices - you could ship over a 1000 iPod shuffles and sell them for double retail value [100 a pop?] real quick.