CRM Recommendations - SEO/PPC/Web Business

MikevanderHeijd

corporate hustler
Oct 11, 2008
Australia
Hey broskis,

I have come to you for recommendations on a good customer relationship management tool, not a desktop app btw, but online based.

I have reviewed a few.. SugarCRM, 37 Signals, but would like some input from people that have actually used these.

Btw.. I need to use these for client keeping for agency business, SEO.. PPC.. so lots of passwords logins etc.

Thanks for your time :rasta:

I used Base Camp when I was at an agency. We used it for everything, including logins and assigning tasks to employees and writers etc. Every client was added to their project, and we updated it with completed work. We also used it for a lot of client/agency communication. A lot of deadlines and milestones in were set in the calendar, too.

In short, it's a decent solution.

You could try something like evernote. Create notebook stacks for clients that include logins,ranking reports, etc.
No one really has a CRM setup for SEO/PPC business. Might be worth something to develop.

I have been ActiveCollab a lot since the last couple of months, It's kind of buggy and slow at times. But It gets the job done for me, my team and my clients. Also setting up client permissions for various projects can be pain in the start.

In agency, used Basecamp, activcollab and a custom made solution. Liked Basecamp the most but it's not perfect and not the "do it all" kind of tool which I feel work best.

As a consultant I used Basecamp and a mix of Evernote, calendar and email... not bullet proof

I think you should take a look at Podio. I've looked at them all, however this tool is modular via customizable "apps", leaving you in control of the depth of its features. Has an Andriod app, but buggy. Iphone app a little more polished. Cheap too.

Podio looks good, but I am always cautious when a company tries to do everything in one app.

I spent the better part of the last 6 months looking for a solution and finally settled on Highrise from 37 Signals. I already use Basecamp, and the Highrise integration was pretty nice. Additionally they have an API that allowed us to integrate it with mailchimp, Wordpress and our custom developed systems.

I'd suggest you give it a shot....

Highrise: Small Business CRM, Web-Based Contact Manager

Yeah I've used highrise for a couple years now and it's pretty workable, it's great for managing client contacts and keeping track of communications. It's just basic enough to feel easy to use and easy to get into, but might not be as powerful as some other systems out there..

a CRM is a business strategy where you can leverage customer information into email campaigns, ppc campaigns, and grassroots marketing strategies.

it seems like all you need is a simple php database with frontend

on the basecamp note - i swear by it for project management, but for managing customer information is not such a great idea. I wouldn't put credit card numbers and payment information in there.

I would like to hear more ideas regarding what small to medium sized agencies (devel/design/SEO) use to keep track of customer information

a CRM is a business strategy where you can leverage customer information into email campaigns, ppc campaigns, and grassroots marketing strategies.

it seems like all you need is a simple php database with frontend

on the basecamp note - i swear by it for project management, but for managing customer information is not such a great idea. I wouldn't put credit card numbers and payment information in there.

I would like to hear more ideas regarding what small to medium sized agencies (devel/design/SEO) use to keep track of customer information

this doesn't answer your question, but my friend Brennan has built something really awesome for people with clients: https://planscope.io/

I use activecollab. Its hard to beat and you can install it on your server too. Can also be branded to an extent, nice touch if youre an agency and going to have clients logging in.