Creating static html minisites: which software would you use?

Garethjax

Nov 8, 2006
Italy
As per subject.

I'd like to create some minisites each made of 5-10 pages, Seo optimized and i'd like to find a tool/script/software to automate the creating, starting from a
pre-configured tabular data set (example: csv or excel file).

I'm evaluating Xsitepro, but according to the movies i've seen the importing features are quite limited, for example the text is to be pasted in the editor manually.

Alternatives ?

thanks!

I've heard nasty things about XsitePro, and how hard it is to scale with it. If you just want to be able to easily manage static sites, then I'd look into something like MojoMotor.

Now, if you're going to be creating stuff out of a CSV file, then a platform like Wordpress would be easier since it already has tools to manage bulk importing. If you want it to create posts out of a CSV file, then I suggest you go with the link in my signature (and I'm shaking my head while writing this because I hate pushing my own products when replying to someone's thread).

Basically, you would populate the post information by adding a couple extra columns in the CSV file. You might be able to do it without the tool depending on how you're getting the page information, but otherwise it'd be helpful to automate the process. CSV Importer, I think is the name of the one I use, is a great plugin for Wordpress and Free.

I've heard nasty things about XsitePro, and how hard it is to scale with it. If you just want to be able to easily manage static sites, then I'd look into something like MojoMotor.

Now, if you're going to be creating stuff out of a CSV file, then a platform like Wordpress would be easier since it already has tools to manage bulk importing. If you want it to create posts out of a CSV file, then I suggest you go with the link in my signature (and I'm shaking my head while writing this because I hate pushing my own products when replying to someone's thread).

Basically, you would populate the post information by adding a couple extra columns in the CSV file. You might be able to do it without the tool depending on how you're getting the page information, but otherwise it'd be helpful to automate the process. CSV Importer, I think is the name of the one I use, is a great plugin for Wordpress and Free.

I'm already evaluating mojomotor, but i'm always looking for more options :)

Even though i love wordpress, it's a memory hog for VPSes, expecially when you add plugins; it's also overkill, since i need to create static websites that hardly need any updates.

Did you use Dreamweaver? It will be a good tool for static website creation.

Even though i love dreamweaver, it's not the right tool :) i need to create automatically seo-enhanced contents and menu navigation. If i have 50 pages of written content, i need the tool to get every single file and "fill" every template with the relative contents and relative (pre-written by me) Seo data (title, meta description).