Creating Advertising Software

penguinbc

Sep 2, 2007
I am currently getting a lot of downloads and was wondering what it would take to come up with my own advertising software like the many others that are out there right now that people bundle up with stuff. Anyone have any experience doing this or know where I should look to find someone who can do this?

The end goal would ultimately be to sell ads and such on the network of computers that have this advertising software installed of course but that is much further down the line after being able to get a good market share. Possibly being able to even start PPI with it as well. Trying to figure out the best way to go about doing this (Would not be spyware or illegal and would have standard legal disclaimer and terms of service and such when installing it like all the other toolbars/adware have)

I know it will require a significant investment to do it right but I just wanted to know if anyone here has any experience in this sort of thing that can toss some advice my way as to where to start looking if I wanted to get into this. Surely it wouldn't be the best idea to just describe the project and throw it up on a freelancing project site to let overseas firms bid pennies on the dollar for it to be done like some smaller projects might be?

That stuff is pretty advanced. I would start looking for people to help me in the hack/virus communities. No matter legal disclaimers etc, if you get a marketshare you will have to dodge antivirus/anti-adware software. Also, just guessing here, but you would have to take great precation so that your advertisement can't be confused as being part or caused by a website the user is visiting or you would likly have a legal problem.