Creating a bunch of pages in wordpress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randstrom

Feb 26, 2008
Hi

As title says , how would you automate a simple task as to make hundreds of pages in word press from a text file having the titles ( no content needed ) and of course adding title to all in one seo and so on.?

Creating a huge number of pages would be soo annoying and take way to much time.

yup i sorta figgured the answer would be somthing in that direction , problem is im a compleat noob conserning DBs and the only thing i can do with phpmyadmin is import a DB all the rest is compleat Hebrev to me.

Any pointers on what steps to take to make this happen.

Another option would be to create an XML file and import it, might be a bit easier although you would still need to edit the db (or use cURL) to modify the plugin.

yup i sorta figgured the answer would be somthing in that direction , problem is im a compleat noob conserning DBs and the only thing i can do with phpmyadmin is import a DB all the rest is compleat Hebrev to me.

Any pointers on what steps to take to make this happen.
I do this with my site and as far as I know, since the page/post is in wp_posts table, and the all in one seo data is in wp_postmeta table, you would need to do two separate files.

If you go into the table, at the bottom there should be an option to "Insert data from a text file into the table" Select the file, define the Column names and go.

Status
Not open for further replies.