Craigslist problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoey

Jul 21, 2006
Hey guys,

I placed some ads on Craigslist today, and in the past couple of days they were doing pretty good; however, i noticed that today and yesterday my posts are being deleted unbelievably fast (by the craigslist community) and am not getting the response i got before. Is anyone else experiencing these problems too?

yoey said:
Hey guys,

I placed some ads on Craigslist today, and in the past couple of days they were doing pretty good; however, i noticed that today and yesterday my posts are being deleted unbelievably fast (by the craigslist community) and am not getting the response i got before. Is anyone else experiencing these problems too?

time to switch up tactics or take a breather for a while:pimp:

if you stopped getting an email then a craigslist employee is on to you and you need to use another domain name. are you still able to list with the domain you are using?

there are far too many over-zealous flaggers on craigslist.

Look for alternative classifieds... gumtree always outperforms craigslist for me

Gumtree is UK-based right? Jamiejelly, are the CPM and CTR similar to North America?

Mike

I've had listings flagged on craigslist that weren't even spam lol Maybe its competitors flagging our listings.

I've been looking at Backpage too but have not tried it yet.

RE: Craigslist. A good friend of mine wrote a book on CraigsList marketing and knows all the insider tricks. She told me a couple. Use different emails and different IPS to post ads so they don't get flagged and deleted as much.

Her book is super cheap and well worth it if you play at Craigs.
Only 19.95 right now.

http://www.craigslist-book.com/

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Hi,

I am interested in the book definatley.

Quick Q : how does a different email and ISP make a difference? Because the people who flag dont have access to your real email address, and they couldnt see your ISP if they wanted to.

I suspect it might be a competitor.

Thanks!

yoey said:
Hi,

I am interested in the book definatley.

Quick Q : how does a different email and ISP make a difference? Because the people who flag dont have access to your real email address, and they couldnt see your ISP if you wanted to.

Thanks!

Because what ever you do online you are identified through an IP address. Just use generic emails and proxies.

Hi,

Yes i know that craigslist staff may be able to see my IP, but not the users who are flagging..or are they?

My problem is stemming from extremeley fast flagging from users.

yes but if you continue to repost in those cities and I have found that it is not in many cities, there is a dick sucker in st louis who thinks he is the craigslist police. also in eugine and most of washington state but they get tired after a while

craigslist has a flagger section in their forum. flaggers discuss how to spot spam. check it out

that pisses me off. Instead of spending time making money online why be the police? I FUCKING HATE PUNK ASS BITCHES! here is an idea, if you don't want to see it or if you do not have 3 seconds to hit the back button then don't click on the fucking ad. they act like it is hurting them somehow. these people must have been the ones getting there lunch money stolen in school.

Try bribing them.. If it works to get drugs over the border, I'm sure it can work with CL spamming. ;)

Jon said:
Try bribing them.. If it works to get drugs over the border, I'm sure it can work with CL spamming. ;)

Hahaha Well hell there Yall go. Send them fat bearded women who flag you in 10 secs some hotcross buns, reese cups and some sobe energy drinks and you have a winning ticket for success.

Does anyone know of any programs / proxies that actually work with CL? I've searched a ton, and haven't been able to find any :(

Status
Not open for further replies.