Craigslist did it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

whodoesdo

Wut.
May 2, 2008
Looks like they just expanded their phone verfication system. Now it's not just ERS...it's in Services too! Will probably go to Jobs Section next...

So who all took it up the tailpipe with this change?

Craigslist has added a phone call system, when you post an ad they call the phone number listed to your account to verify you posted it.

However, I don't forsee this being a permanent change. I think it's a good thing, just not going to be effective.

It's only for ERS and Services. Good luck to old Craig keeping regular posters if they enforce this for all sections.

The irony here is that your average chump will have trouble figuring it out (and already is), whereas 'spammers' (such a naughty word) will still get through, albeit with a bit more tinkering.

Craigslist finally started using phone verification to dodge all the spam in the Erotic services forums. Now it has moved to the services area.

As elime states, this has already got the regulars of CL fucked out of their mind screaming "OMG GUYZ I CAN"T POST NO ADZ"

While the spammers have already gotten e-voice lines and all the fixins to stay ahead of the game.

Ps- I haven't even used the CL phone verification before - do not take e-voice as the solution as I do not know if CL asks you to enter a code on the phone, or a code on the site that is given to you via phone. They may just ask "Did you post you were looking for random sex... 1 for yes, 2 for no..."

I don't understand, wtf is going on?

Exactly. The people who use craigslist as effective affiliate marketing practices well still dominate it.

rancor13 - I would not talk to much about it, most if not all good cpa companies don't like craigsist traffic anymore!

rancor13 - I would not talk to much about it, most if not all good cpa companies don't like craigsist traffic anymore!

Well that sucks for them. Until they clearly outline this in their terms of service - Or for that matter actually figure out a way to track it with all the marketers knowing what buffer and refresh pages do (scrub the ref) - Looks like they can just sit there and watch it come in

Alot of spammers...err... professional posters are getting around this by purchasing bulk verified accounts. It's still kind of a new thing so all you people out there that are able to do these kinds of account creation services for AMs and professional posters, should consider jumping on this one.

If they verify the phone number, do you automatically not ghost post?

Heh. No.

You're looking at it from a consumer point of view. "Hey I bought these damn accounts, Craigslist better make sure they work"

But since your not supposed to be buying accounts, in the eyes of Craigslist, so ghosting will have nothing to do with it. You're ad will still ghost if you don't post well.

I don't do CL advertising whatsoever... but this is a pretty easy fix. Just setup one of those free voip accounts, make it sound all professional, and have it fwd to your cell.

Another option is to get one of those virtual secretaries. So that when they call to verify, your secretary will answer the call and verify anything, even if she/he has no idea what they are talking about. If they need to provide some type of reference code, just CC: the emails to the secretary's account. They do everything in real time.

Status
Not open for further replies.