Corp in US with Foreign Ownership?

nickCR

Feb 5, 2010
CR
Maybe someone here has had to do this and could give me some suggestions.

I would like to get a corp in the US.

I would like the owner of that company to be a corp from another country.

The company in the US doesn't do much more than receive funds from clients and send to foreign corp. In this scenario which type of corp would serve to be most beneficial? Which state?

I'd like some insight on this too.
There are other old threads on this forum, but some laser specific information would be appreciated.

I'm looking into a similar setup too and I'm sure there are a lot of WFers who'd find useful responses helpful.

Maybe someone here has had to do this and could give me some suggestions.

I would like to get a corp in the US.

I would like the owner of that company to be a corp from another country.

The company in the US doesn't do much more than receive funds from clients and send to foreign corp. In this scenario which type of corp would serve to be most beneficial? Which state?

This is the kind of question that you rather ask your lawyer or accountant.
I'm french so I'm not that familiar with U.S. tax laws, but afaik there are federal taxes and state taxes.
States like Delaware apparently offer low tax rates for corporations, but you are still looking at 8.7% afaik + I'm not sure if there comes federal corporate tax to this.

Talk with an international tax lawyer or an accountant who is an expert in the area of international taxation.

You want to make certain that the tax treaty between the U.S. and the country in which the parent company resides deals with double taxation/withholding tax in a manner beneficial to you.

In other words, should you have a Dutch Antilles (or other) entity between the U.S. corporation and the company in your jurisdiction? Maybe you'll want that middle company to be owned by a charitable trust? Plan ahead and use the planning to create opportunities but get competent advise and not from some incompetent ass (like me) spewing off on a gay webmaster forum.

You'll also have to weigh potential tax savings against setup and operating costs of any structure.

From the U.S. side, Nevada, Delaware, Utah and Wyoming are popular but, again, talk with a professional.

Make certain to cover off issues like the type of income(s) being earned, residency of directors (can you have corporate directors?) and officers, reporting requirements, taxation, double taxation, share structure, stamp taxes, total operating costs, set up costs to mention but the basics.

the US is possibly the worst place to incorporate if you need to move the funds to a non-domestic owner. why anyone would do that unless they absolutely 100% fucking had to is beyond me; but if you do absolutely have to, incorporate in a state without corporate income tax & take your federal medicine.

So I see there are two routes to go for this:

1. Get a corp setup in UK

2. Get a corp setup in USA (pass-through)

I just want to make sure that whatever I setup will allow me to receive funds and send them away without having to pay tax on those dollars (will handle that in my own jurisdiction).

I will be talking to an International Tax Attorney, meeting with one tomorrow but still would like to get a handle on what my options are that's why I asked here. Lots of experienced guys on this form that have probably already gone through the setup before.

PS: I realize you guys might not want to post publicly. Alternatively shoot me a PM or Skype (nicholasCR).

S-corps cannot be owned by foreign people or entities, it must be an LLC or C-corporation. LLCs have pass through taxation which would not incur corporate taxation.

the US is possibly the worst place to incorporate if you need to move the funds to a non-domestic owner. why anyone would do that unless they absolutely 100% fucking had to is beyond me; but if you do absolutely have to, incorporate in a state without corporate income tax & take your federal medicine.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

really? educate us then, obi wan. i kinda figured you'd have gone ahead and done that given your admission that you knew different, but please, by all means, the floor is yours.

One of the biggest issues that you are going to face is the bank account one. It is exceedingly difficult to open a bank account in the us for a non-resident alien due to the patriot regulations. The corp formation is the easy part.

Sure you could easily have a bank account setup elsewhere like loyal bank in SVG BUT most companies want to see a domestic account to wire too etc and when you dont have one it often brings up the question of why.

Toget that account you will also likely have to get an EIN which will also put you on the radar depending on your tax situation.

Anyway, def dont rely on advice here go see a decent accountant/tax lawyer

If that's all it's doing, then why does it have to be in the US?

That said, this question is way too complex for anyone other than a trained (and good) accountant.

still waiting on king vitamin to spew his knowledge on us like a nut from the big dick of knowing things.