Converting Landing Pages

Buhry

May 14, 2009
Hi guys.

If I were to create a niche site for a long tail keyword in one of the more saturated niches and promote free trials (by ranking organically).

What would be the best way to write/set up my landing page in order to get the best conversion%? I mean what style of lp would be best? Reviews, product overviews, straight sales copy for one product, flog, or something else?

Also, how would I have to set up the site for google not to hate on it too much? I'm assuming I'll need the usual like a sitemap, about us, privacy, enough unique content etc. Is google slapping sites not as much of an issue with seo as with ppc?

I think I'd want to create a review site, but I know google have had some issues with this recently, at least for ppc. However, can I get away with it if I have enough good, unique content?

Cheers!

advice...

1.put on your flame suit and place your head between your legs..

2.totally depends on a the offer and a lot of other factors the way real ballers know is they build them all and split test.. and some people just look at the top results to see what they are doing.. i believe its called "stealing"????

Hi guys.

If I were to create a niche site for a long tail keyword in one of the more saturated niches and promote free trials (by ranking organically).

What would be the best way to write/set up my landing page in order to get the best conversion%?
Test it.

I mean what style of lp would be best?
Test it.

Reviews, product overviews, straight sales copy for one product, flog, or something else?
Test it.

Get all what you think could work made. Get a split test script. Split test. Keep winner. Then keep testing....forever.

Also, how would I have to set up the site for google not to hate on it too much? I'm assuming I'll need the usual like a sitemap, about us, privacy, enough unique content etc. Is google slapping sites not as much of an issue with seo as with ppc?
Make a choice: do you want to make money with Google's approval or not? Hundreds more methods of traffic than Google. Hundreds. If you want to be on Google, do all you said and don't LOOK like a scummy rebill.

I think I'd want to create a review site, but I know google have had some issues with this recently, at least for ppc. However, can I get away with it if I have enough good, unique content?

Cheers!
I just Googled "penis enlargement" and "acai pills". Saw loads of review sites and even flogs on PPC. The market says "yes".

Pretty much what bigb3433 said.

Try a flog first. And yes, sitemap, about us, privacy, enough unique content etc.