• fuck college

Votes: 21 36.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TFLNetwork

Jul 5, 2008
215/514
I was talking with one of my AMs the other day about people who affiliate market and go to college (or haven't gone to college). I know there were recent threads about this, but i just want to get a better number. Should be interesting.

Oh and...

met-art_as_335_6.jpg

Nice

I think the few marketing classes I took were somewhat useful to AM- the rest was pretty useless though, the concept of "liberal arts education" is retarded.

CS grad here, my degree is simply my backup plan. Like if I hit my head and became too stupid for AM I'd just work for the government or someshit for 35+ years then retire... Sure it would be depressing, but hopefully I'd be too stupid to realize it.

About 1 class from graduation and still considering dropping out...school is fucking useless.
Finish that one class and graduate - It's quite a waste of money to get that close to the degree and throw it all out.

About 1 class from graduation and still considering dropping out...school is fucking useless.

I feel ya man. I finish this summer. Taking 17 hours as we speak. Seems like a solid waste of time. Buy eh at least I can say I have Marketing and Finance degrees to fall back on.

I'm still only in high school and would REALLY love to drop out.

It's a fucking waste of time and brain space. School only works for fucking retards and slow people. If you have any intelligence what so ever... School will do nothing but slow you down.

fuck man college is really useless unless youre super into it, im cutting from 14 units to 7 units next quarter give me some time to do am/domaining.

It's a fucking waste of time and brain space. School only works for fucking retards and slow people. If you have any intelligence what so ever... School will do nothing but slow you down.

I'm in high school right now too. The difference is, i think you're a fucking retard. How can you possibly say the shit we learn in school is useless? This is basic knowledge man, I like being an educated person.

I'm in high school right now too. The difference is, i think you're a fucking retard. How can you possibly say the shit we learn in school is useless? This is basic knowledge man, I like being an educated person.

I think he means to say that school is a waste of time, because he can learn everything they teach him better and faster on his own.

Everyone is not meant to be force fed what someone else wants you to know. I personally need to flow from subject to subject at my own pace and discretion. If I'm not given this basic freedom of choosing what to learn, I stall, become completely disinterested in what is being taught, and build on nothing except a rabid hatred for everything that surrounds my chained growth. I get a lot more done in terms of personal growth since I've been out of school/college. What the school is trying to teach you is almost never in sync with what the students want to learn.

The only way for education to be successful, is if it's specifically tailored to one individual. If you're completely honest with who you are, the only person capable of leading you forward, is yourself. What happens when you try to teach a varying degree of aptitude, and you multiply it by a class of 32? You end up with a generalized, piss poor, sheepling education built for the lowest common denominator.

There's nothing to be proud of in raw memorization, all that gets you is a job. Imagination and creativity is the common asset of successful people, yet, what courses nurture these? It's structured personal development towards a future goal that gets you results, everything else is bullshit.

now thats a dumb post. high school was easy as shit.

Completed my graduation. Just got into this money making business and hopefully it would go well.

Status
Not open for further replies.