Coding Help, PHP/CSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerxs

Jun 24, 2006
North East PA
Hello,

Ive just started putting to gether a new site and ran into some issues when skining my forum. I have done something very similar in the past and it worked. Ive tryed to make things easier on myself and things dont seem to be working out.

The last forum I skined I basically whent through all the .tpl files under the template directory, wraped all content and added;

body {
margin:0;
padding:0;
text-align:center;
}
#container {
width:800px;
margin:0 auto;
}

Instead of adding this to each and every page file this time I tryed taking a short cut and added the above to the main index.php file. It worked in a way , but I am getting errors all over

take a look, http://mediaswim.com

Its far from done, but you will see what Im talking about. Any help would be much appreciated

Jer

don't add it to the top of the index.php. Your forum most likely uses sessions and NOTHING can be outputted before session_start() is called. The CSS information is though, that is why you are getting errors.

Do you know if there is a simplified way? Other than adding the code to all pages in template?

That index page is the actual page that everything else runs in correct? (overall_header.php, overall_footer.php, index_body.php) I dont know much about PHP.

Thank yah Jer

Status
Not open for further replies.