.co.uk Domains

Propellorhead

Apr 9, 2007
I am curious to hear everyone's thoughts, perceptions on top level , one word "type in" .co.uk URL's

Stay away.
Nobody in the UK has an internet connection
Nobody in the UK has a credit card
The market is saturated
The market is too small
Google hates .co.uk domains
The sale of .co.uk domains support terrorism.
The sale of co.uk domains support British Petroleum.
Putting a .co.uk on your server can give it e-syphilis

In all seriousness, depends what you want to do with it. For 'domaining' they are going to be harder to sell than .coms but for developing the UK is a solid choice, provided you can appeal to the market. Other EU country level domains are solid as well, but require alot more work to understand the market.

I would personally prefer it if WF stayed well away from UK domains though.

I purchased three high level .co.uk domains about 6 years ago and I doubt if they have appreciated at all in value. I wasn't looking to get rich but would have thought I would see some good appreciation on them, but doesnt appear to be so as I haven't seen much selling for a decent dollar amount

I've made thousands from.co.uk DN's over the years and the value right now is rising more than ever! You will do well hanging on to them for another year or so..

I feel they add a lot of value to an identical .com if both were in the sale. As someone from the UK, though, likelihood is, I wouldn't buy a .co.uk if I didn't have the .com.

Stay away.
Nobody in the UK has an internet connection
Nobody in the UK has a credit card
The market is saturated
The market is too small
Google hates .co.uk domains
The sale of .co.uk domains support terrorism.
The sale of co.uk domains support British Petroleum.
Putting a .co.uk on your server can give it e-syphilis

In all seriousness, depends what you want to do with it. For 'domaining' they are going to be harder to sell than .coms but for developing the UK is a solid choice, provided you can appeal to the market. Other EU country level domains are solid as well, but require alot more work to understand the market.

I would personally prefer it if WF stayed well away from UK domains though.
.co.uk are gold - ofc need to be sold to UK companies, but it's still all in english, I wouldn't recommend going for any other EU countries because they don't have credit cards, the market is saturated, you won't understand a word (unless you're fluent in the language they speak) and putting a .eu or .de on your server can give it e-herpes.