Cloaking Partnership

hermann

Feb 3, 2007
Considering the tendency of PPC / Mediabuying marketplaces to increase the amount of advertiser regulation, the ability to still run heavily regulated stuff within these marketplaces becomes all the more valuable.

I am going to be very bold here and claim that I am operating one of the most effective systems around to run whatever I fancy on Google Adwords (nobody who has come to any level of sophistication with this is going to share exactly what they are doing, so I am well aware I could claim whatever I want here). Anyways, my strategy is two-fold:

1.) Multiple, totally separated Adwords accounts
2.) Reliable cloaking

Obviously, the cloaking part goes well beyond a static IP blacklist and other obvious flags, even though they do play a role.

Since March 2009, I have been running and refining this quite extensively. I am running flogs, I am running gambling, whatever is regulated, I am on it. So I am doing good volume with my own campaigns.

But I figure it would be of everyones benefit to work in partnerships where my focus is on performing above mentioned magic. So I am going to make an offer to you which demands an outrageous amount of trust from both parties. I am aware of that.

Here it comes:

1.) You used to buy traffic from Adwords that resulted in at least mid 4-figures of consistent profit per day.

2.) Google banned you, maybe you tried to recover but ultimately you moved on to other traffic sources.

3.) If no important variables have changed significantly since then, we reanimate your withered Google Money Tree. This includes transferring a complete *.aea file to me. Yes, I need campaigns, adgroups, ads, keywords, bids, dayparting, demographics, EVERYTHING. Why do I make such an outrageous demand? Because I will run and manage your campaign within my farm of accounts and under my cloak. My cloaking methods begin within the account, which is why you need to trust me enough to supply this data to me. This also includes me fronting the adspend, because we still use your network accounts, so you receive the commissions.

4.) We split the profit. You give me a dead dog and I make it fly. We make it 50/50. If you have a rather large campaign we can definately negotiate.

If you are interested, send me a PM and we'll get in touch.

I am based in Germany but will be happy to meet anywhere within the US and discuss with potential partners. I will be in LA for the Azoogleads Playboy party in August so if anyone is going to be in that area or even at the event, that would be a great opportunity.

-Marlon

Seems like a poor idea for you. If someone wants this deal, then they obviously had no intention of simply doing their own cloaking, and since it is a dead campaign, they are not scared of anybody stealing it. And if it goes to their landing page with their affiliate links, they are assuming zero risk. In fact you are taking all the risk.

Am I missing something?

Well for someone with a 100% dead campaign all the risk is on hermann but there are plenty of people in between. Say you have campaigns that you know can make about $3000 a day that you don't run on google anymore because you got banned but have about 4-5k profit else where still. You've been working on getting them in but aren't having much luck getting it by google.

Now you have the decision, either work on other stuff and pass the campaigns off to this guy and hope that you see a dime of money for it because nothing would stop him from keeping all the money but his desire to have a good reputation and get more business. Or you could continue to try to get it running on google, possibly wasting time that would have been better spent working else where.

Give you an entire profitable campaign? Are you mad?

I've been running some cloaked campaigns with Google (just for QS or fake URL purposes) for over a year now, un-touched, and even manual reviews don't catch it (I even ask Adwords phone/chat reps to check things out to make sure I have them down as cloaked). It really isn't that hard to cloak, undetected, for Google.

FYI .aea files contain info like the Adwords account number of the original account holder. it's also in the file name. .csv might be a better bet.

Just because a single campaign is dead doesn't mean that the keywords, ad copy, and everything else is worth nothing... sounds like an awful idea, you just want to steal people's shit.

From what I've tried, you can't open a .aea or .aes file unless you're in the account with a matching number.

I agree with Johu - it's not that hard to cloak, and it's just an overall stupid idea.

I wonder, if I was the OP in this situation, how would i approach the same kinda thing. it takes a crazy amount of trust here.

We split the profit. We make it 50/50.

Ok I had some strange guy from DP hit me on AIM offering this exact same service & asking 50% of the gross revenue generated. So I asked him 'Dude you're asking for 50% so it means your spend is less than half of what the campaign generates. How can you be so sure that the campaign WILL generate more than twice of what you spend? The only answer I got was "Umm, well. I'm using combination of ppc & search engines." Complete bullshit.

The best way to part with your profitable campaigns.

How do you cloak a manual review from a random non Google IP? You can cover a lot of bases, but still haven't figured out that one for 100%.

FYI .aea files contain info like the Adwords account number of the original account holder. it's also in the file name. .csv might be a better bet.

Before anything is submitted, the original campaign is being heavily modified.

Relevant info gets extracted from the original *.aea and a totally new one is created under the account it's going to run.

-Marlon