Click Count Discrepancies

Status
Not open for further replies.

conv3rsion

Get Money + Get Paid
Dec 14, 2008
I'm sure this has been discussed before but I'd like to ask if people could reply with their average click count discrepancy percentage number between what their tracking software tells them and what their networks tells them.

I have one network where I am now missing on average over 25% of my clicks between what my traffic source and tracking software is saying and their totals (on weekly, two day, and daily averages). I have adjusted for timezone differences and everything else I can think of. My campaigns for this network, which should be returning ok ROI (based on what the network is telling me my EPCs should be), are now negative where as they hadn't been for the last three months.

Obviously I am split testing elsewhere but I would just like to know what your experience typically is.

some software doesnt scrub out the bots, so for example in DT networks if you ever wonder how you get an impression when you use a text link its because those "impressions" are clicks from bots that are filtered out since they weren't real people.

We update our bot list each week as new ones pop up all the time. If its a DT network add the clicks and impressions and see if it gets you closer to the other systems youre using to check against.

I don't know because I'm low volume, but I just got a conversion @ a4d with 0 clicks... hmm...

The power of the almighty cookie. Someone clicked your link a day/week or weeks ago and finally came back to buy, the cookie on their machine got you credit for their sale.

I'm sure this has been discussed before but I'd like to ask if people could reply with their average click count discrepancy percentage number between what their tracking software tells them and what their networks tells them.

I have one network where I am now missing on average over 25% of my clicks between what my traffic source and tracking software is saying and their totals (on weekly, two day, and daily averages). I have adjusted for timezone differences and everything else I can think of. My campaigns for this network, which should be returning ok ROI (based on what the network is telling me my EPCs should be), are now negative where as they hadn't been for the last three months.

Obviously I am split testing elsewhere but I would just like to know what your experience typically is.

How far off is the other network I told you about last night? Is it much better?

does the tracking software get rid of Dup IPs?

I have had huge discrepancies like 20% to 30% on naughty or nice over and over again. It didn't matter if I stop and started again it would always be the same. It would be pretty sad to send 5k clicks and only 4k clicks "count". Completely mess up your tracking and at times can be hard if you making profit or losing. You try to tell your AM about it but that is the way the tracking is I guess.

I have had huge discrepancies like 20% to 30% on naughty or nice over and over again. It didn't matter if I stop and started again it would always be the same. It would be pretty sad to send 5k clicks and only 4k clicks "count". Completely mess up your tracking and at times can be hard if you making profit or losing. You try to tell your AM about it but that is the way the tracking is I guess.

when you add the impressions an clicks together is it the right number to the system you're using to track clicks?

We filter out bots an repeat clicks

Is anybody getting clicks even when their campaigns are PAUSED? I paused one campaign oin YSM over 8 days and it's still bringing in a steady 30-50 clicks per day, I can't understand it. Could that many people have bookmarked the offer and just got to it later?

Was the traffic coming from Facebook? It looks like there are some bot issues on there in the past couple days. There are a lot of people talking about this right now in the Facebook thread.

Is anybody getting clicks even when their campaigns are PAUSED? I paused one campaign oin YSM over 8 days and it's still bringing in a steady 30-50 clicks per day, I can't understand it. Could that many people have bookmarked the offer and just got to it later?

Yes, even on ads that have been paused for 3 weeks. Although, only like 10 clicks a day.

Mike

i've discovered that its not the network, its definitely something wrong with the traffic source that has been steadily changing through may.

If you Add the clicks and impression in our system does it equal what your system is calling "unique" clicks?

There is no impressions only clicks. It seems to be always around the same range percentage wise when I do run it. Just thought it was always weird that I expected to see a good percentage of clicks to be "missing" which would fuck up the epc and be hard to tell if I was profiting or not.

I don't know because I'm low volume, but I just got a conversion @ a4d with 0 clicks... hmm...
Yeah, you must have won the A4D Prison Charity Lead Lotto. I programmed it last week. We take the list of convicted felons from a random county in California, pick a high-paying-low-converting offer on the network, then order that product in that prisoners name -- ON THE HOUSE! -- and send them something they never even wanted. Then, we give the lead to a random affiliate on a campaign they're not even running.
Tests on lab mice were extremely successful.
Wait till next week, when we launch the T-Shirt Cannon!

Status
Not open for further replies.