Clear ISP

sil3nt

Sep 4, 2008
Was just curious if anyone has ever used the ISP CLEAR(clear.com) and if so how they like it? I recently moved to Las Vegas and it seems the only ISP's out here are cox(which has horrible reviews) and CLEAR

Was just curious if anyone has ever used the ISP CLEAR(clear.com) and if so how they like it? I recently moved to Las Vegas and it seems the only ISP's out here are cox(which has horrible reviews) and CLEAR

I would assume that you should also be able to get DSL from somebody.

There's a review at WiMax in Las Vegas: Taking a Test Drive of "Clear" - Las Vegas Podcast - Living in Las Vegas . I'm looking into it myself, since they just launched Clear in Charlotte at the beginning of the month. The only downside is that they charge more if you want backup 3g access (through Sprint's network, 5GB limit) if you want mobile internet outside of a Clear market, but they are expanding to new cities every month. Even then, the deal is pretty sweet, since they offer month-to-month contracts, and I'm sure you could upgrade for a month that you need the 3g access.

You might be able to get a better deal or extra bonus through Clear Wireless Internet Home Page over Clear.com High Speed Mobile / Wireless Internet Service Provider (they're advertising some sort of bonus right now).

They are pretty cool the only downside is that you must put the modem in a window with a clear view and few obstructions otherwise you will have poor bandwidth or be completely unable to get a signal. I could get full signal in a window but if I put the modem on my desk 5 ft from the window the signal would come in and out.

They are also generally slower than standard cable, plenty fast for 95% of stuff but they aren't as fast a cable yet.