cj question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sometemple

Jul 19, 2006
coralhost.net
I'm new to affilliate marketing. Can someone tell me what a "locking period" is... i.e. " Actions lock on the 10th of the month, unless extended."

Also... if someone makes a purchase on one of my affilliates sites, will it show up in my account immediately, or is there a delay?

thanks.

I'm new to affilliate marketing. Can someone tell me what a "locking period" is... i.e. " Actions lock on the 10th of the month, unless extended."

Also... if someone makes a purchase on one of my affilliates sites, will it show up in my account immediately, or is there a delay?

thanks.

I know for your 2nd question depends on what affiliate network your using each is different..

I'm not 100%, but I believe locking happens when you give them crappy quality traffic that doesn't convert.

Then there's the other locking, if someone tries to access your account with incorrect password the max number of times allowed, then they'll lock you. In which case, you'll have to wait until the period is over to attempt to login again.

The locking period is the time the advertisers have to reverse your commisions. Your commision is supposed to be safe after that date.

"Locked" leads are those that can no longer be extended or disputed by advertisers. Specifically, all the leads you get in a given month lock on the 10th of the next month, which means that the advertiser has until the 10th to either dispute the lead or extend the lock for a month (presumably, so they can do more research into whether the lead was legit or not). They can only extend the lock once, after which they must either dispute it or allow it.

This depends on whether or not the advertiser is using batch processing. It will tell you in the advertiser description whether they are or not. If they are, you will only get credit for an acquisition once they've uploaded a new batch. If they aren't doing batch processing, it should be near-realtime (you'll see it when CJ updates - usually about 1.5 hours later).

Status
Not open for further replies.