CJ/eBay tracking issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

LazyHippy

Apr 9, 2007
After a couple of years of the odd click here and there last week I decided to start some adwords/eBay campaigns... sod's law that's when they start having tracking problems!!

So I've got no idea if this issue has affected the tracking of sales - the number of clicks seem about right though.

Has this issue been affecting anyone here? Anyone know what the issue actually is?

Si

Here are the emails I have received from eBay/CJ concerning the tracking issues starting with the mass email they mailed everything and then two mails I got after I kept pestering them for more answers (but both cookie-cutter mails).

The eBay US affiliate program is experiencing a tracking issue that began on Saturday April 7, and may partially affect your ACRU and RevShare performance. We expect to have this issue resolved shortly. We will update you as soon as we have more information.

Thank you for your continued support of the program.

The eBay.com affiliate team

The eBay US team is working on solving the tracking issue that began on Saturday April 7. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. As the issue affects partially your ACRU and RevShare performance, the eBay US affiliate team will calculate a bonus to make up for the transactions. We will update you as soon as we have more information.

The eBay US team has been working to solve the tracking issue that began on Saturday April 7th. A fix was implemented over the weekend and early data is pointing to an overall improvement. Additional data is required to confirm that the fix is complete. We will update you as soon as we have confirmation that tracking is fully restored. At that point, we will assess the full impact of the partial outage and calculate the make good.

I had the same thing. I started a couple of campaigns last week, as soon as I got them up. The tracking email came.

I guess we'll have to see the calculated 'make good'

But I'm not holding my breath

Yeah, I had the emails too. What's worrying me is I seem to remember last time that the calculated the bonus based on previous sales, they were quite generous if I recall but didn't take traffic into account.... then again that was a couple of years ago and my memory is shit!

I emailed them to ask how they will calculate it - no reply :(

Status
Not open for further replies.