CJ.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

pearz76

Jun 26, 2006
Anyone make good money in CJ.com - affiliate programs?
I know Jon does ...... anyone else?

Yeah I think it takes a lot of trial and error to mkae good money with CJ. My conversions suck on CJ. Can send them hundreds of clicks a day but no leads or signups. I think it is a lot of Monetization work involved. I would love to see some tips addressing monetizing the sites for cj.com and azoogle.

CJ.com is by far the toughest affiliate network to make money in. The smaller ones generally do lots better. Look for conversion rates rather than highest payouts for the products/services you are going to be an affiliate for. You will make more money in the longrun with something that makes say 10 sales than only 2, even if they payout less.

Good advice Jon, I was just going to suggest we ask you to come and weigh in with advice. You are right on top of it.

It depends what types of things you are promoting and how you are promoting them. Targeted traffic is key, so the type of site you have could play a factor. For instance humor sites are tough to monetize. They can generate lots of traffic and curiously clicks but aren't necessarily good buyers. Same thing with forums and certain other types of sites. (Not saying all sites in these areas have a monetization problem - just using these very generally as an example.)

pearz76 said:
Anyone make good money in CJ.com - affiliate programs?
I know Jon does ...... anyone else?

I that that really depends on what your definition of "good money" is.

Jon, what makes you think CJ is toughest network to make money with? Just curious. It's always been one of the best for me. Is it a competition thing because they have the exposure, or what?

Chromate said:
Jon, what makes you think CJ is toughest network to make money with? Just curious. It's always been one of the best for me. Is it a competition thing because they have the exposure, or what?

Chromate,

So which market sector are you in ?:stonedsmilie:

Ahh, it's nice to see a few people on a few forums addressing the issue of conversion rates - it is equally important (if not more so) than commission rates.

Have you tried Linkshare.com and Shareasale.com? I prefer them to most.

I am not too thrilled with CJ and their future switch to javascript links so I am waiting to see how it all plays out.

yeah, gotta say this whole javascript link thing is just plain annoying.

Jon, you didn't answer my question.. what is it in particular you don't like about CJ?

I currently only have an account with CJ. Can someone name any other specific reasons why they like dealing with the smaller networks? Why do the smaller networks tend to have better conversion rates?

Status
Not open for further replies.