CJ.com Scraper?

metoo

Mar 7, 2008
I'm trying to throw up a few tests real quick. I need to find merchants who are ok with bidding on their trademarked terms and direct linking.

Is there a quick way to find these? Some sort of scraper, or search term which brings them up maybe? I've found a few with AffiliateFuture. But I'm also looking on CJ (can't find shit) and LinkShare.

I figure I'd have a bash at turning these at a draw, before breaking them out into a proper LP + trimmings.

No easy way on CJ, and Linkshare is even worse. I have a list from my publisher manager from about 2 years ago, and the few merchants that do allow both are slim to none, and the only ones worth it (or should I say, only ONE worth it, Smugmug) are impossible to overtake the existing affiliate on search. Even a max bid on Google won't give you shit for Smugmug, since the current affiliate has been there forever and was even in on the Google sitelinks/adlinks beta due to the volume + length of time on those terms.

There's not much left out there for TM bidding, let alone TM bidding AND display URL use. There are a few random sites out there that I've found do allow both, but those are the kinds where you might get 20 impressions per day max on Google.

The long-term trend is for merchants to disallow brand bidding. Maybe only 1 in 10 new merchants now allow it at CJ or Linkshare. And those that still allow it, most will end it when they see where all your sales are coming from...

CJ have an API if you want to go down that path.

Thanks guys.

AffiliateFuture actually allows a few direct linkers, but so far they are converting at some really low levels.

I guess there's always the content network!

Yeah most affiliate managers know how lucrative this is by now and don't allow it.