CJ Affiliate

zejayes

Aug 27, 2013
Seattle
I've been denied by pretty much all CJ affiliates. I try to contact these people but usually get no response. I basically have no CJ profile or history.

Why am I being declined all the time? Can someone give me any tips (if there is something I can even do?).

thanks

When I tried CJ, I emailed some of the vendors that declined me automatically. Basically you have to 'prove' yourself in order to get into some of these vendors deals. When I say 'prove' I mean make sales with other vendors.. if they accept you.

Most CJ affiliate program managers (usually unqualified disgruntled employees) are pretty
fucking dumb to begin with.

looks like you're not the only one with this problem.

https://www.google.com/search?q=auto+approve+cj+affiliates

not sure what your niche plans are but, if you wanted to, I reckon you could turn all those rejections you're getting into decent a chunk of research for an article or niche.

hell, change your email pitch and straight up ask each program what they require for new affiliates. (shrug) might work. You're doing the legwork anyway, so may as well collect the infonibblets.

It can be tough to get accepted into some of the bigger advertisers programs on CJ. I say this from experience because I'm part of the premier finance CJ program and even after doing tens of thousands of dollars in sales per month, I still can't get an approval from some programs. Amex, Citi Cards, eHealthInsurance. They haven't declined me, they just won't look at my applications.

With the premier thing, CJ has you complete a resume sheet for your sites that breaks down marketing methods, traffic volume etc. and they will send that to the advertisers on your behalf. But again, I still haven't gotten an answer from some. It's frustrating when they have a good product that you could do well with, but they won't get off their ass and look at your track record and hit the damn approve button.

Hang in there. If you get denied, wait a week and reapply. I've done that a few times and got an approval within a couple days. It's hit or miss, but worth a try.

Have you tried directly messaging the managers of the programs, or tried contacting them outside of the network? Perhaps via email?

I know many times they will look over applications that don't have relevant looking urls in your profile, or if you say list a blogspot url as your affiliate page.

Have you tried directly messaging the managers of the programs, or tried contacting them outside of the network? Perhaps via email?

I know many times they will look over applications that don't have relevant looking urls in your profile, or if you say list a blogspot url as your affiliate page.

I've been calling corporate and trying to navigate my way to their affiliate/online marketing department. I think phone efforts are the easiest to not ignore for them. Most of the time though this ends up with me having to leave a message so meh....

By the way - when possible, do you like it when there is a direct vendor relationship or do you prefer a 3rd party like CJ instead?

I think the best way is to email them through CJ, as others mentioned.

It's a huge problem though imo, basically why I don't use CJ at all anymore. Not going to spend hours trying to get into a program just so I can test it out.

I've been calling corporate and trying to navigate my way to their affiliate/online marketing department. I think phone efforts are the easiest to not ignore for them. Most of the time though this ends up with me having to leave a message so meh....

By the way - when possible, do you like it when there is a direct vendor relationship or do you prefer a 3rd party like CJ instead?

I would always try to make a direct connection if possible. Another option would be to see if they are on other networks other than just cj, or if they have a direct option.

As others mentioned if you can contact CJ directly and see if they can put in a good word for you that might help, but if you are new to the network with no reputation, or earnings they might not do much.

I would always try to make a direct connection if possible. Another option would be to see if they are on other networks other than just cj, or if they have a direct option.

As others mentioned if you can contact CJ directly and see if they can put in a good word for you that might help, but if you are new to the network with no reputation, or earnings they might not do much.

Thanks.

So the biggest companies out there usually have multiple channels (cj, clickbank, other, etc.) they go through instead of just one?

I think the best way is to email them through CJ, as others mentioned.

It's a huge problem though imo, basically why I don't use CJ at all anymore. Not going to spend hours trying to get into a program just so I can test it out.

THIS.

I'm trying to test shit out, and I now find myself worried about "impressing" affiliate managers with a great site that I don't know will make money at all = huge time sink.

Lots of times they will be on more than one network, so go direct maybe click on their partners link, or affiliates link and see where it takes you?