City + Weather EMD

Oloty

May 14, 2014
Hello all,

I'm currently in the process of making it as hard as possible for anyone in my town to rank on Google.

I was purchasing cityfood.com when I thought of the Google Weather card that appears on the top of the SERP with data from weather.com on your city.
Would it be plausible to use this as a traffic leak with an EMD?

Quick-edit:
Forgot to include that I was thinking of using Google+ ownership or maybe Google Local to steal that top spot, if possible. I have an agency with a physical address so I'd be willing to bet I can use the same address to get verified with Google and steal them EMDs.

Honestly I guess a more proper topic for this thread would be using EMDs and Google for local traffic leaks.

Regards,
Oloty.

Been there done that not worth it.

Yeah theres some massive search volume EMD's you can get. (they're in the top of anything I've ever found)

The problem was that the traffic was worth jack didly squat. With Google straight up answering queries on local weather, its probably even more of a waste of time these days.

The only real reason to build on them is the exposure you can get from ranking for these high volume terms can result in you slowly accumulating "genuinely earned links" if your sites moderately well structured. That said there are a lot more efficient ways to go about earning backlinks.

Backlinks? Mate, I'm abusing Google's features to steal local traffic.

Been there done that not worth it.

Yeah theres some massive search volume EMD's you can get. (they're in the top of anything I've ever found)

The problem was that the traffic was worth jack didly squat. With Google straight up answering queries on local weather, its probably even more of a waste of time these days.

The only real reason to build on them is the exposure you can get from ranking for these high volume terms can result in you slowly accumulating "genuinely earned links" if your sites moderately well structured. That said there are a lot more efficient ways to go about earning backlinks.