Chris Rock 4th of July Tweet Reigniting Another Race War

Ar Scion

Oct 27, 2009
It's old news now.

But the comments on HuffPo. Damn. A lot of anonymous white people are offended by what Chris Rock said.

But I read something else that was interesting: Apparently less than 5% of the black population was imprisoned. I wanted to look this up, and sure enough, out of 38.9 million black people in the US, as of 2009 there are 841,000 in prison.

That's only 2.1% of the population.

The way they made it sound I thought the percentage would be much higher. Like 10-15%.

Unfortunately I can't get stats about welfare and race from census.gov. Political correctness run amok.

At least post the tweet. It probably was offense though. He's a black racist pretending to be a comedian.

But I read something else that was interesting: Apparently less than 5% of the black population was imprisoned. I wanted to look this up, and sure enough, out of 38.9 million black people in the US, as of 2009 there are 841,000 in prison.

That's only 2.1% of the population.

The way they made it sound I thought the percentage would be much higher. Like 10-15%.

10% would be 3.89 million. There's "only" 2 million US prisoners total.

# 1 United States: 2,019,234 prisoners
# 2 China: 1,549,000 prisoners
# 3 Russia: 846,967 prisoners
# 4 India: 313,635 prisoners
# 5 Brazil: 308,304 prisoners
# 6 Thailand: 213,815 prisoners
# 7 Ukraine: 198,386 prisoners

Number of Prisoners: 1st place is U S: 2,019,234 & 2nd place is China 1,549,000 | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

As for Chris Rock, it's amusing that many of the same people complaining about him are the same that complain about political correctness.

10% would be 3.89 million. There's "only" 2 million US prisoners total.

# 1 United States: 2,019,234 prisoners
# 2 China: 1,549,000 prisoners
# 3 Russia: 846,967 prisoners
# 4 India: 313,635 prisoners
# 5 Brazil: 308,304 prisoners
# 6 Thailand: 213,815 prisoners
# 7 Ukraine: 198,386 prisoners

Number of Prisoners: 1st place is U S: 2,019,234 & 2nd place is China 1,549,000 | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

As for Chris Rock, it's amusing that many of the same people complaining about him are the same that complain about political correctness.

It's mainly the double standard. Let's see a white guy get up there and make jokes about blacks (calling them all niggers and what not) and see how well it goes over.

It's mainly the double standard. Let's see a white guy get up there and make jokes about blacks (calling them all niggers and what not) and see how well it goes over.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnDOpD7isYk]The Office - Michael's Chris Rock Routine - YouTube[/ame]

There's a double standard with alcohol and marijuana laws, but I don't see that leading to complaints about people brewing beer.

Also, I'm sure that some of those offended by Rock also were by Letterman's Sarah Palin joke, which had nothing to do with race.

Jon Stewart called Fox News a "selective outrage machine", but yes, many "liberals" are also guilty of it. They will get outraged over the idea of a woman not being able to choose one thing, but then don't care if there are limits put on what size soda she can buy.