Cheap domains for non domaining purposes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whodoesdo

Wut.
May 2, 2008
I'm needing to research disposable domains, if there is such a thing. Basically I need misc. domains (that don't have to make sense) for about a month or so and then throw them away. I'm not intending to be a domainer this is for other purposes ( greyhat) What's the solution? I'm not sure where to start...

I'm needing to research disposable domains, if there is such a thing. Basically I need misc. domains (that don't have to make sense) for about a month or so and then throw them away. I'm not intending to be a domainer this is for other purposes ( greyhat) What's the solution? I'm not sure where to start...

Either get subdomains from free hosting companies or a free subdomain from Free URL Redirection, No Ads! Short Free Domain Name (you.co.nr) or just shell out the incredibly huge sum of $7 it costs just to register a domain (sarcasm, of course).

Get .infos from GoDaddy for 99c each or .co.uk's from uk2 (aff) for a couple of dollars for 2 years (use [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]code: TD24617812), seems any negative SEO factors of using a ccTLD are counteracted by the positive of having it registered for 2 years.
[/FONT]

Thanks for the replies. Subdomains won't work for what I do. So, unfortunately ,I can't partake in the any of the freebies. With godaddy is it really that simple to buy the 99 cent domains free and clear? Don't they ususally require you get hosting or some sort of strings attached? I've heard some not so nice things about them...

Estdomains.com has .com for 6.49, .net for 4.99 and the other extensions are pretty cheap as well. They also provide free whois privacy.

Thanks for the replies. Subdomains won't work for what I do. So, unfortunately ,I can't partake in the any of the freebies. With godaddy is it really that simple to buy the 99 cent domains free and clear? Don't they usually require you get hosting or some sort of strings attached? I've heard some not so nice things about them...

I'd read the fine print on godaddy's offers. Ive never brought a domain from them and transfered out the same day.

They will always try to upsell you.

The customer support people are very hit and miss. Its almost mandatory to know what you need and how its supposed to get done before calling in.

The control panel is horribly counterintuitive.

Godaddy consistently has one of the slowest loading websites.

I'd read the fine print on godaddy's offers. Ive never brought a domain from them and transfered out the same day.

They will always try to upsell you.

The customer support people are very hit and miss. Its almost mandatory to know what you need and how its supposed to get done before calling in.

The control panel is horribly counterintuitive.

Godaddy consistently has one of the slowest loading websites.

Yes, they will always try to upsell you. Ignore it. Also, for something as simple as registering a domain I see no reason to call them. I have 400 domains still at Godaddy, and in the last 3+ years I have never called Godaddy once. Or emailed them.

Godaddy's panel does suck and it takes a while for things to happen on their end. BUT, if you want a .info for 99c, there is no fine print (except that renewing the domain is going to be $10, but that is a year away and you may not need to renew).

If you're using them for MAILING, forget godaddy!!!
They'll refund you right away, or within 2 days once they figure it out.
They don't care for mailers.
PM me if you need a good company that doesn't care what you do with the domains.
I think they're only $6.75 each
JR

Status
Not open for further replies.