Charity Seeking Advice

davidcubed

Aug 18, 2008
So, I'm currently working for a charity that wants to run a raffle, and they want to set aside a little money to do some PPC marketing.

Does anyone have any insight into which networks are the most charity friendly? Or any information on the profit margins that ad networks like AOL and Casale run at so that I might be able to wiggle in some bargaining room?

I really want to give the charity the most marketing for its budget. Any reasonable advice would be appreciated.

I know this is outside the normal scope of all you money making guys, but I'd really appreciate some insights. Please no links to dicks.... I've been around long enough to be hit with that before. :D

Ask for a thing at networks called PSA - Public Service Ads. If you can sweet-talk them, they will run your charity ads for free on their unsold ad space. You've probably seen PSAs on AdSense blocks (those Kiva microfinance ads methinks).

Because it is a raffle though, do you think they'll still be willing to give PSA space? The good news is that we are only interested in a single US state for geographic targeting. So we aren't asking for ads across America or anything... And we are willing to pay.