Chances of Identity Theft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aim high

Jun 3, 2008
I've realized that I have signed up with a lot of networks when i first started and now i'm starting to feel uneasy knowing that my information with my SS is out there. any thoughts?

Get an EIN, it's free and easy to get online, only takes a few minutes. You can use this in place of your SSN. Do a Google search for "apply for ein".

Get an EIN, it's free and easy to get online, only takes a few minutes. You can use this in place of your SSN. Do a Google search for "apply for ein".

don't i need a registered llc for a ein? o i see you can be a sole prop. damn. thanks man!

i dont provide any sensitive info (SSN/EIN) to a network until it's time to get my first payment from them. if you're like me and you're joined up at dozens to randomly look for certain types of offers, that might be something you want to practice

Do you have an LLC? Call the IRS and ask for a TIN# (EIN), youll need it anyway to set up a bank account.

If you dont have an LLC, get one. You don't want to do be doing business personally in this racket. You need some protection.

i dont provide any sensitive info (SSN/EIN) to a network until it's time to get my first payment from them. if you're like me and you're joined up at dozens to randomly look for certain types of offers, that might be something you want to practice

UUUGHHH almost EVERY network requires this at signup!

Status
Not open for further replies.